Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface UAN

• 18-03-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get my UAN from my account section in Blueface or do I need to ring them? I've looked around the site, a lot, and can't seem to find reference to it.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Its normally in the email receipts they send. The UAN is the same for all their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I had to a raise a support ticket to get it, but they were surprisingly quick to give it up.

As I said before, they have the same UAN number for all the customers. Being that its a bank holiday I'm surprised they bothered to respond.

Comreg regulations require them to allow interportability between all providers regardless of a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whadafook

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    As I said before, they have the same UAN number for all the customers. Being that its a bank holiday I'm surprised they bothered to respond.

Comreg regulations require them to allow interportability between all providers regardless of a contract.

UAN is only require where a PSTN line is provided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

If You would like move from blueface you need only username.

• Advertisement

domeld wrote: »
    If You would like move from blueface you need only username.

Your right. The uan is normally needed when porting as its used in the eircom wholesale ui to take over a number. If your new service provider asks for it, give them the blueface uan. Its not used by blueface, as they are not relying on physical connections, eg landlines. Your account number is your username with blueface. If your moving to a fixed service (eg eircom) they will ask for the uan.

Info:
    Without the UAN, the new retail service provider cannot get access to the infrastructure. Therefore, the new retail service provider would not be able to provide service.

Some telephone service providers in Ireland have their own telecoms infrastructure completely separate from Eircom’s (they do not need to rent their infrastructure from Eircom) for e.g. UPC. They may provide television, telephone and broadband services through their own infrastructure. Service providers of this nature will provide you with an account number.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/switching_operator.338.LE.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You can port non geographic numbers such as 0818 or 1890. 076 works on an enum/e164 basis so is a bit more complicated as its setup to route to the assigee's ip (I.e. The provider's data centre) and porting does not change how its routed over ip. There's GNP (geographic number porting), NGNP (non geographic number porting) and MNP (mobile numbering porting.

Info:
    Number Portability is the facility which enables customers to retain their telephone number independently of the operator providing the service. All operators are obliged to provide number portability as a customer right under the Universal Service Regulations (SI308/2003). Number portability enables customers to choose to move between operators, where they may get a better deal on tariffs or services with another operator, without incurring the additional cost and inconvenience of a number change. There are three different types of number portability; Geographic, Non-geographic and Mobile.

Link: http://www.comreg.ie/telecoms/number_portability.559.462.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Hi,
    Currently there is no option to port 076 numbers.
    AFAIK comreg is working on it.

Advertisement