Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 13 results

Options
  • 18-03-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Raiders beat bears 16-0 but game freezes in the exit screen and game isn't saved! Tried playing again but Internet disconnected. Will try again soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals 20 - Seahawks 22

Close game in Seattle - hard fought with a last second victory for Seahawks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some stats

Tebow 17-21 173yds 4TD 0 INT
    Weedon 6-16 94yds 0 TD 3 INT

MJD 21 carries 144 yds 1 TD
    Ronnie Brown 6 carries 19yd
    Trent Richardson 10 carries 36yds

Blackmon, Heap and MJD combined for 4 passing TDs

Browns kept it to a one score game in the 1st quarter but the Jags controlled the clock and Todd Heap scored on a 2 yd pass.
    That man Heap scored again in the second and Blackmon scored another.

Todd Heap doesn't see many snaps but he's dangerous when he's in. Brown GM wondering why the Cardinals let him go as they are starved of reliable receiving options.

Jags complete the rout in the second half with a FG and MJD rushing and recieving for two TDs

Browns outclassed completly but take a small measure of comfort in TJ Ward my safety hammering players all game and Tebow got hit 3 times.
    Jags GM wisely took MJD out to avoid injury after he got blown up on a screen pass.

No contest here, Browns go 3-9 while Jags go 11-1

MVP
    Of course Tebow will be the obvious candidate and so would Mincey with 3 sacks.
    But I'm going with Paul Posluszny who defended two 3rd downs in a row, one he blew up a screen attempt and in the 4 quarter he stopped a 3rd & 2.
    Doesn't get all the stats but he's an excellent player

Nice talking to ya Mikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hey Bengals, you and me are fighting not to be last in the AFC North :pac:
    See ya Week 17!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cheers for the game and nice writeup Mike.

Tebow is having a great season. He's now 3rd in the NFL in QB rating, and has 31 TD's and only 12 INT's after 11 games. After 16 games last season he had 31 TD's and 30 INT's.

MJD was a beast yet again, and with the XP earned, I took him to a rating of 99 OVR.

When I saw Todd Heap on the FA Market I did my utmost to sign him, as reliable a pair of hands as you will see, Marcedes Lewis remains #1 on depth chart due to his superior blocking and solid catching, but Heap is one of my favourite targets.

The Browns had no luck. Numerous big hits by "big hitter" TJ Ward were not rewarded with the fumble they often are, and Brandon Weeden hit a WR in the face with the ball, then lobbed a duck to my secondary on the next play.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Panthers 24-7 Texans. Despite being the CPU, Texans perhaps the best D I've faced all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

matthew8 wrote: »
    Panthers 24-7 Texans. Despite being the CPU, Texans perhaps the best D I've faced all year.

Pity they're CPU, I'd ask them how to stop slants and streaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Pity they're CPU, I'd ask them how to stop slants and streaks...

Maybe if you tried out a different defensive play once in a while either.

JerichoBurn1.gif

Also, I play you two as my last 2 games, if you could keep talking about each other's tactics, that'd be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Steeler beat the Ravens 24-6 to effectively clinch the division.

Both teams played well I think, but the Ravens inability to score touchdowns cost them here. The Steelers redzone D was impenetrable. The Steelers passed all over me, and ran well, despite my numerous attempts to take Norwood out of the game.

From a Ravens point of view, I am relatively happy with the performance. Had Torrey Smith managed to haul in the accurate deep balls fired his way by Kaepernick, we could have been looking at a much closer game.

Still, Pittsburgh deserved their win, and the spoils that come with it. Its a pity that, unless the Steelers implode in the run in, that our Week 17 showdown could be between the backups, as both teams prepare for the playoffs.

Cheers for the game and the chat ET, best of luck.

Jesus, I just realised Perrin could catch me! I am two games ahead, but he hasnt played this week and has the tiebreaker on me :O Better get my act together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers 24 - 6 Ravens.

A huge win here for Pittsburgh on the back of a massive game for Mike Wallace. he really was the difference here. Twice he took short passes and make a cheeky move on Laderius Webb and then used his pace to burn into the endzone.

The Steelers bench had to do a double take on the Ravens first possession when number 5 lined up under centre, we thought we had scared 'Elite' Joe Flacco out of town. It was only when we saw the sleeve of tattoos we realised it was Colin Kaepernick. he had a respectable day throwing for 147 yards and no INTs against a stingy Steelers secondary.

In the playoffs last year the Steelers had and unknown Jerious Norwood making his debut and playing for a job and he caught the Ravens completely off guard with over 200 all purpose yards. The D Coordinator obviously found some tape cause they stuffed him, in fact the knocked him out of the game twice, he kept coming back on.

The result could have been very different. Torrey Smith caught a deep pass but stepped out the back of the endzone, he later had a catch knocked out of his hands by Ike Taylor, again in the endzone.

Thanks For the game Pudsy, this could be the first of 3 games again this year as we could meet in the wildcard round of the play offs. Those breaks I got with Mike Wallace were the difference here.

Steelers have a 2 game advantage over the Ravens heading into the home stretch. I still have to play all my divisional rivals and The vengeful (or bitter, you might say) Titans. All of whom would love to play the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cardinals- 31 Giants- 10
    With 3 interceptions and 3 forced fumbles poor giants had a horrible game and 3 fumbles were on special teams, 2 punt returns and 1 kickoff return, very unlucky mate,madden was out to get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »

Really? The fact you didn't score against me in our second game would suggest otherwise. :pac:

But yes, for a CPU team their D is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts lose to Titans in OT, Luck threw more INT's but the Turning point in the game was probably in the middle of the 3rd quarter, Colts up by 11, and Titans go for it on 4th and get a TD, they never looked back after that.

well played Heli.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Colts, Titans receive...
    Locker throws an int but then makes a TD saving tackle. Colts on 3rd and inches on the 3..they make it.. TD Ccolts.

Titans are 4th and 1 and punt, cookie getting stopped again 1 yard short of the 1st down... Colts punt after a hard hit
    Titans going ok on 3rd and 6 they lead the passer.. into the hands of a Colt! then its a TD Colts.
    Titans kick a FG after getting into the redzone and then going backwards!
    Luck throws a pick 6 to angry man Cortland Finnegan

HT and its 10-14 Colts, Colts to receive

Titans get the Colts to 3rd and 9.. they call the wrong play completely and its an easy TD for the colts

Kendall Wright should hace a TD... but he drops it, C2J makes a big run then to the redzone TD Mariani, Titans go for 2. Cody Johnson makes the cattch

18-21 Titans

Ayers has a ball thrown straight to him... he drops it!
    Back D calling by me sees another big gain but Will Witherspoon picks off a pass and takes it back for 6

Again Ttians D is at sea and Fleener goes streaking unopposed into the redzone and makes a catch for a TD.
    25--28 Colts
    Titans pass.. it misses Williams.. but Cookie comes out of nowhere to make it

Titans go PA in the redzone... but throw an int!
    Colts punt with 3:53 left int he game. In our last game Marc Mariani FC's the ball and it hits him on the head Colts recovered and won the game.
    In this game It hits his foot but luckily he recovers!

Titans moving it, C2J fumbles OOB
    Titan are in the redzone with 1:12 left

Titans kick a FG.. OT
    Titans win the toss...
    C2J pounds the ball and the Titans are in FG range
    Locker takes a tackle and then goes for the 1st down
    Titans kick a FG

Griffin picks off Lucks pass and that is game!

Some Stats:
    Titans with 385 yards of offense, 193 rushing
    Colts with 309 yards of offense, 59 rushing

Lockers rating is 66, 16 from 24, 198 yards, 1 TD and 3 ints
    Luck has a rating of 87, 13 from 25, 255 yards, 3 TDs and 3 Ints

C2J, 35 carries, 182 yards along with 81 yards through the air
    Jennings gets 11 carries for 59 yards and a TD

On the D 2 defensive TDS for the Titans along with the game winning int

Good chatting Rock, I was very lucky, your 3 ints cost you the game apart from those passes i wasnt good enough (my D was at sea on a lot of big plays)

yeah really annoyed with Myself, Interceptions cost me alot of games :(

Really threw me when you went for it on 4th in the 3rd and got the TD, i know you told me but i didnt know what play to pick cos i was expecting a punt in my head, that also didnt help my cause and then that last throw in OT was just Ridiculous, Thats 2 disappointing defeats in a row now in games i could've won but for Interceptions and i dont know why i throw them cos ive quite decent Pass protection, Anyway Jags next :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well with the 4th down, i knew if i didnt get it it was pretty much game over so it was high risk/reward (also allowed by the rules :p) but if i had not gotten it, you would have been up by 11 with the ball in my half so most likely would have made it a 2 TD game.

Yeah the ball was nowhere near the receiver, Griffin didnt have to move as the ball just came to him but like i said, the only reason i beat you was because you gave me 14 direct points from ints and then the last int to end the game

Well with the 4th down, i knew if i didnt get it it was pretty much game over so it was high risk/reward (also allowed by the rules :p) but if i had not gotten it, you would have been up by 11 with the ball in my half so most likely would have made it a 2 TD game.

Ah Yeah, just wasnt expecting it is all i meant, your the 1st ive played to go for it in the 3rd, like i said INT's have cost me a few games now i could easily have won, thats my main gripe and i cant explain why i do it.

Ah Yeah, just wasnt expecting it is all i meant, your the 1st ive played to go for it in the 3rd, like i said INT's have cost me a few games now i could easily have won, thats my main gripe and i cant explain why i do it.

Human nature.. When you fall behind there is such a mindset to "have to score right now" and that causes you to air it out and 99% of other people!
    The games where you stick to your game plan even when you go behind are the ones you'll win..

Human nature.. When you fall behind there is such a mindset to "have to score right now" and that causes you to air it out and 99% of other people!
    The games where you stick to your game plan even when you go behind are the ones you'll win..

yeah but alot of my INT's are early in the game, like the 1st 2 today were before half time and i was winning, i have my mind set on who to throw to and it seems even if they're covered i still throw it, will have to sort it for next season.

• Advertisement

Take the sack :) but watch out for the fumble, in my other league its something i have been trying to do, just take the sack. Better to have a chance to make another pass than force one and have it picked off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team Gronk lose out 20 - 30 against the Cowboys. Not really sure what went wrong, other than the fact that I got screwed over by the motion/collision detection engine twice. Made a pick on my own five yard line, defender bumped off another defender and pirouettes into the endzone all while doing that "keep the feet inbounds" animation and then goes out the side of the endzone meaning two points for Dallas.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153937441
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153937514

There was also an 81 yard TD run by DeMarco Murray on the first play of one of their drives. Broke three tackles and then the two safeties run into each other while he runs all the way to the endzone.

I think the five interceptions that I, not the game engine, threw certainly didn't help the cause though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

A bad season for the niners gets worse, suffering a 22-30 loss to the Rams and most likely will finish bottom of the NFC west. Threw two TDs to running backs which is very rare for me, too many interceptions although a glitch kinda caused one. Getting burnt on two long bombs to Green killed me off. I am really struggling defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs got back to winning ways with a 36-14 victory over the Packers. This game was tighter than the score line suggests. First half TD's by Jennings and Hillis saw the Pack tied at the half at 14.

Second half and the Chiefs defence showed up with an interception returned for a TD by Collins and the D also got a safety while Olympian Jeff Demps scored on a 49 yard run on his only carry in the game.

Good chatting Nelbert, had a couple of those dropped passes been caught the result could well have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Berty44 wrote: »
    Chiefs got back to winning ways with a 36-14 victory over the Packers. This game was tighter than the score line suggests. First half TD's by Jennings and Hillis saw the Pack tied at the half at 14.

Second half and the Chiefs defence showed up with an interception returned for a TD by Collins and the D also got a safety while Olympian Jeff Demps scored on a 49 yard run on his only carry in the game.

Good chatting Nelbert, had a couple of those dropped passes been caught the result could well have been different.

Mic is still dodgy when not using the chat pad that it came with, not helped by my messing with it constantly out of habit!
    Was a good game and I learned a lot from the chat, as you rightly pointed out learn more in a loss than a win.
    Tough to practice with the Packers as the roster updates have changed the whole dynamic of the team with Finley dropping drastically and the young WRs getting a justified boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

In third times the charm. The Eagles beat The Buccaneers 37 - 34 in a very close game which came down to the last two mins.

It started with a DeSean TD leaving the Bucs with over a min and they had been moving the ball very easily but Trent Cole stepped up with two huge sacks, giving the eagles the game.

With that win we go 9-3 and for the first time in my boards career i will finish with a positive record so good hussle.

And great game, good luck with the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Dolphins won... But who cares!!! BUSH IS INJURED :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Carroller wrote: »
    Dolphins won... But who cares!!! BUSH IS INJURED :o
    This pleases the Broncos GM

Dolphins on a roll now.

• Advertisement

Keep it up next week Dolphins !