Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade machine from alibaba , help!

• 18-03-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Lads , do any of you had experiences from buying arcade machines from china? I found this company on alibaba which there stuff seems really cool , now I have emailed them as to the price and delivery and will put it further down the thread..the payment is through PayPal , but would there be customs charges etc?
    Help is really appriciated ! Or am I off my rocker altogether !
    Here is there online store in alibaba http://xinglisoftware.en.alibaba.com/
    Feel free to dig!
    Regards
    Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

If I was you, I'd goto Alibaba's forum and ask there about the company. They are very helpfull and you'll find out if the company has a good reputation.

I once got duped for 650€ by a non existant co advertising on Alibaba, be carefull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I import a lot from china(small electronic components)
    You usually get charged an import duty which can be up to 20% then 23%vat on the cost+shipping inc the duty. It will definitely be more expensive than just buying a cab from Ireland/uk/eu.
    A good thread to have a look through
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

Just do it,
    Let us know what happens tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Bought my Namco gun for Time Crisis new from china only recently and got stung on import tax at the door. Sad Times. :(

Got charged 30 euro.

Id hate to see what it was and a cab that cost a few hundred quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I brought in a few cars over the years from Japan and the cost of customs duty and vat takes the shine off things. You will probably have to stump up vat on the freight too, if things turn sour with the cab what are the chances of any aftersales care? A number of people that post here have bought cabs from ebstablished european sellers and they have had their difficulties in getting problems sorted. I could not see a replica cab having near the same resale value if you ever wanted to part with it, good luck in your cab quest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement