Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bouncer question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I've been doing surveillance security mixed in with the odd bit of door security for a year or so. I worked on the door of a pub Sunday and entered Smyths after I finished work at circa 10pm (having started at 2) so was stone cold sober. I can confirm for sure all 4 members of security staff I took a glance at WERE wearing there PSA security license in a clear plastic card holder. All 4 were over there necks on strings.

That may or may not tell you how much you remember on a factual basis OP.

Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Iang87 wrote: »
    Melion you wern't there, they weren't wearing badges. It really is that simple. You've also decided i'm wrong and thats fine its your opinion however you need to realise that you find it acceptable that people can be tackled and punched while being held down. I'd worry if I were you but thats fine.

If you think they werent wearing their id's(incorrectly) then report them to the PSA and they will be sacked straight away and Smyths will face legal action.

Could you please point out where i said that someone being tackled and punched is acceptable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Melion wrote: »
    I have worked on doors for long enough to have absolutely no doubt in my mind about what i said.

You said you had no doubt in your mind the OP must have done something.
    You were doing something wrong, no doubt in my mind.

Yet you weren't there. No doubt means no doubt. Zero. Bet your life on it surity. So either you're A) telepathic and know the OP is lying, which although unlikely, I will admit is always possible unless proven otherwise, or B) you are one of the alledged assailants.

Hoboo wrote: »
    most of them are thick as ****

Anything to back up this claim of yours?

Please see above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

SB2013 wrote: »

As to your friends. Gardaí don't open up with the phrase "**** off"

You were there too ? WTF ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hoboo wrote: »
    You said you had no doubt in your mind the OP must have done something.

Yet you weren't there. No doubt means no doubt. Zero. Bet your life on it surity. So either you're A) telepathic and know the OP is lying, which although unlikely, I will admit is always possible unless proven otherwise, or B) you are one of the alledged assailants.

Please see above.

Try keep up. The OP has admitted to getting aggressive when he was outside. Therefore justifying what I said. He was doing something wrong.

Advertisement