Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revert Softmodded Xbox to Stock

• 18-03-2013 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just wondering if its possible, or if anyone knows how, to revert a softmodded original xbox back to fully stock. It also has a larger hdd in it now too.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

Here's a site that tell's you how to do it ://blackboxhacking.webs.com/installinganewhdd.htm http in front of dots. As it's only a softmod you just need to rebuild harddrive with only stock files and softmod is gone. or here "://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=426328"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just wondering if its possible, or if anyone knows how, to revert a softmodded original xbox back to fully stock. It also has a larger hdd in it now too.

Cheers

Why on earth would you want to do that? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steel Battalion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

justryan wrote: »
    Why on earth would you want to do that? ;)

If I told you that I'd have to close my account :D
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Steel Battalion?

Nah, jeez I'm borked space wise here in the moment with everything moved out of the attic now. Absolutely no hope of finding space for a Steel Battalion rig :(

smliv wrote: »
    Here's a site that tell's you how to do it ://blackboxhacking.webs.com/installinganewhdd.htm http in front of dots. As it's only a softmod you just need to rebuild harddrive with only stock files and softmod is gone. or here "://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=426328"

Cheers for that. Would I be ok to revert to stock while keeping the larger hdd thats in the console now, or will I have to look for the old original size hdd?

• Advertisement

i will be soft modding 1 myself tomorrow so while i'm doing it i'll make up a larger stock drive also and check it out and get back to you. I have never actually heard of it been done and you have me curious now to see if it will work, you'd have to get a lockable drive. I have a few stock 8 gig hardrives here i could post you one if the larger 1 dosen't work out and you can't find yours. But i'll have to check how easy it will be to unlock with orig eeprom files and then switch to use your eeprom files for opening and closing i reckon it would be just a mater of changing the key on the drive.

smliv wrote: »
    i will be soft modding 1 myself tomorrow so while i'm doing it i'll make up a larger stock drive also and check it out and get back to you. I have never actually heard of it been done and you have me curious now to see if it will work

Top man, appreciate that :)

I did up that drive today and it works. Used a 40 gig 2.5 ide and used xboxhdm 1.9 but i can't tell if the whole drive is usable it works just like a retail box so no ftp to see if can put anything on f partition and when you go into memory it says total 50000+ blocks and i don't fancy sitting here loading cd after cd in to see how much i can get in i don't even have that many.So when i switch to the original drive(the softmodded one) boots straight into xbmc switch back to other drive back to retail no problems

should probably have mentioned i had a bit of trouble when it came to locking the drive it kept coming up drive was frozen to change bios to not automatically detect whats on ide. As my bios dosen't have this option. I tried a long shot and it worked. just before i typed in "lockhd -a" i quickly removed and replaced the molex power cable on the drive and it worked no problem first time.

Advertisement