Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS on Bank Holidays?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I'm expecting a package off UPS. It was meant to be here Friday (Arrived in Ireland Thursday so all was going well I thought) so I rang Friday night. I was told I wouldn't be receiving it until Monday morning due to it being one of the last to be done on Friday. I immediately told him Monday was a bank holiday and he said yes he knew. So no sign of it so far today so I'm just wondering if I should stay in all day again or is it safe to pop out for a bit?

Package status also still just says it departed Dublin Friday morning.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Not many couriers work bank holidays because most business are closed, not worth working for a few private addresses and he said Monday morning , now 3.00pm, i would go out ,doubt you will see him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Thought so, Don't understand why the guy on the phone said it would be here today :-/ Great customer service. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Because the customer service was not based in Ireland and its was only a holiday here. If you had mentioned to the customer service agent that it was a national holiday here, he/she could then have confirmed that it would not have delivered Monday.

FYI - unless you have paid a huge premium, no delivery service works on bank holidays. So assume no delivery unless very specifically told otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Doff wrote: »
    I immediately told him Monday was a bank holiday and he said yes he knew. .

the guy said he knew so lack of customer information on their part maybe he wasn't aware they [Sdon't][/S] deliver on BH

I worked for UPS for years. They actually started making us work bank Holidays and made it mandatory. Not only that but i was reprimanded for coming in late on St Patricks Day due to the fact buses were not on that early.
    So back then i never knew when bank holidays were as they didnt mean anything to me.

I dont even think its legal making us work the bank holidays :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I dont even think its legal making us work the bank holidays :confused:
    It is, so long as you get properly compensated (see Sect 21 & 22)
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0020/print.html#sec21

Advertisement