Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan chairman and relegation

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't see how this is considered a tackle. At no stage was the Newcastle player in control or possession of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has McManaman apologised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The worst part about things like this is now that every week there will be people over-scrutinising every tackle McManaman makes. Why? Because he made a bad tackle? Or because it was live on Sky? If it happens in the 3 o'clock Saturday kick offs they may make passing reference to it on MotD and Sky but this level of vilification would never have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Has McManaman apologised?

For what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

For what?
    The challenge that put a player out of the game. Accidental or not, apologies are the done thing in situations like these. I'm sure you're aware of that though.
    Playing the game the "real man's" way and being a prick don't have to go hand in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Liam O wrote: »
    The worst part about things like this is now that every week there will be people over-scrutinising every tackle McManaman makes. Why? Because he made a bad tackle? Or because it was live on Sky? If it happens in the 3 o'clock Saturday kick offs they may make passing reference to it on MotD and Sky but this level of vilification would never have happened.

If he doesn't make a tackle like that, than he'd have no fear of of vilification, not that it's right. Sometimes players make a cane for their own back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The challenge that put a player out of the game. Accidental or not, apologies are the done thing in situations like these. I'm sure you're aware of that though.
    Playing the game the "real man's" way and being a prick don't have to go hand in hand.

So what, there is a flurry of communications and press appearances after every footballing weekend in England for all of the mistimed tackles accumulated across the divisions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So what, there is a flurry of communications and press appearances after every footballing weekend in England for all of the mistimed tackles accumulated across the divisions?
    How should I know what goes on between all the clubs?
    Whether its from the club or the player, there is more often than not an accompanying apology for an incident that makes the news like this.

Kevin Davies on Cleverley last season, Ramos on Messi, Shawcross on Ramsey. There's plenty more. It's seen as the done thing and is the right thing to do.
    I'm sure there's plenty more that don't make the news too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

For what?

Really :eek:

Some people just amaze me, he nearly snapped this lads leg in half the least he deserves is an apology ffs! You would have to be a serious remorseless cnut not to.

Advertisement