Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clanbrassil Street Trader selling stink bombs on St Patrick's Day 2013

Options
  • 18-03-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

The festive day was spoiled by a trader who was allowed to join food vendors in Earl Street . The trader sold stink bombs to mindless children who in turn threw or planted them into the food tents and scattered them around foot traffic and queues lining up to be served food . The stench was an embarrassment to other stall holders who depend on their food aromas to attract customers. It's well known that stall holders clean and pick up food wrappers or containers after they have finished their work and have pulled down their rigs or they face a litter fine. Hundreds of activated stink bomb envelops littered Earl Street on the day.

*content removed*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I know the trader you are talking about - did you retain any evidence of the nuisance caused? Could be useful in making sure it doesn't happen again...

Slightly OT but I happened to notice you set up there, how was business on the day/weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

bigneacy wrote: »
    I know the trader you are talking about - did you retain any evidence of the nuisance caused? Could be useful in making sure it doesn't happen again...

The nuisance was reported by traders effected with notice brought to TCCM in turn who will meet and decide on an outcome .

a PM is always welcome on off topics .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

shindig-jp wrote: »
    The festive day was spoiled by a trader who was allowed to join food vendors in Earl Street . The trader sold stink bombs to mindless children who in turn threw or planted them into the food tents and scattered them around foot traffic and queues lining up to be served food . The stench was an embarrassment to other stall holders who depend on their food aromas to attract customers. It's well known that stall holders clean and pick up food wrappers or containers after they have finished their work and have pulled down their rigs or they face a litter fine. Hundreds of activated stink bomb envelops littered Earl Street on the day.

*Content removed*

fair play to him.
    Why be such a killjoy, kids having fun= good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

fair play to him.
    Why be such a killjoy, kids having fun= good thing!
    Few reasons. It was a nice set up and an enjoyable day and personally, I left as soon as I smelt it as did a few other heads which probably subsequently hit the traders pockets out to make a few bob. There's a time and place for this kind of stock and that wasn't it

Advertisement