Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday lunch?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be going through Sligo on my way to Donegal on Good Friday. I hope to meet up with some friends for lunch in Sligo. It seems a lot of places are closed on the day. I wonder if any of you could point me in the direction of a nice place to get lunch in the town?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Try ringing Shells Cafe in Strandhill to see if they are open Good Friday...it has a fab reputation.

071 9122938

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

http://henrysrestaurant.ie/ is usually open on Good Friday and is on the main Sligo/Donegal road.
    You'd be best advised to ring ahead though to be sure.
    Strandhill, as Kettleson recommended is good but is 5/6 miles (10/12mls round trip) off the main route.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I would have thought most places are open considering its a church holiday and not a public one.

I thought if anywhere closed now, its only for the 'holy hour'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Most of the pubs serving food close because of the restrictions of the pub licence.
    It also gives the owner a chance to get some maintenance work done with no customers around,
    rather than in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Thanks all who replied. I called both Shells and Henry's and they are both are open on Good Friday. We are going to go with Henry's

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement