Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly moving to Wexford

Options
  • 18-03-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am going to be moving to Wexford in the summer. I am a mature student due to complete in June and will be looking for work immediately and a home etc.
    Reading some posts I am wondering if it is not a great idea? What are things like there? Work, crime, areas, social, sports clubs etc?

Thanks

Wendy;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Wendy - IMO the unemployment rate is too high (around 5% above the national average). It will depend on what type of job you're looking for, and your quals & experience.

Still, I'd be cautious, and I'd try a few local agencies etc first (email and phone) to see what's available.

There are relatively few Multi-nationals in Wexford, when compared to other parts for the country.

What sector do you hope to work in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wexford town is grand,decent size & with everything you need to hand including an amazing beach just out the road in Curracloe but as Blindsider said, try to get set up with work first as the county really is an unemployment blackspot.

Have a look online for jobs in Wexford & see if anything that suits is available & put your cv in with a recruitment agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wenders44

Tried to reply but I can't for some reason at the end of your individual messages zerks and blindsider.
    Yes I will not move without a job and I am looking now. Maybe I will consider elsewhere? It's where my family is from and some still are.
    Thanks
    Wendy x

Advertisement