Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was Reardons bar formally?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

The title says it all. What was Reardons bar before it became Reardons many years ago.

I had some great times there and was talking to friends about it but can't think of the name!!!

Not the club... The pub!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

The crazy horse

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

As far as i can recall the original Reardons was a lovely shop doing wines etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

dewdrop wrote: »
    As far as i can recall the original Reardons was a lovely shop doing wines etc
    No it was a dump called the crazy horse full of skangers:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dont remember it being full of skangers but i was only there 2 or 3 times, I do remember pool tables and gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

mean gene wrote: »
    No it was a dump called the crazy horse full of skangers:P

Nothing much has changed so..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

The crazy horse

Ah that's the one!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Nothing much has changed so..:D
    There was a gorgeous blond barmaid with the leather pants white top in there back in those days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

To hijack the thread! Anyone remember what Chambers was called about 6-7 years ago? Had a god few class parties inside there when in undergrad but can't remember the name at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

I am tempted to conclude that there are not many people in their seventies who frequent this site which i find interesting. I remember Reardons in the sixties as a lovely Wine wholesaler business. Does anyone else have such memories as i feel a bit lonely to think i may be one of a !few browser of my vintage visiting this site !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pizzle wrote: »
    To hijack the thread! Anyone remember what Chambers was called about 6-7 years ago? Had a god few class parties inside there when in undergrad but can't remember the name at all...

Mercury Lounge, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Faith wrote: »
    Mercury Lounge, I think.

That's the one!

dewdrop wrote: »
    I am tempted to conclude that there are not many people in their seventies who frequent this site which i find interesting. I remember Reardons in the sixties as a lovely Wine wholesaler business. Does anyone else have such memories as i feel a bit lonely to think i may be one of a !few browser of my vintage visiting this site !

Afraid im not old enough but were there many wine wholesalers in the city? I think I read before that the mcdonalds previously mandys was a tobacco and wine merchant? Were there a lot of places like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pizzle wrote: »

wasn't there a restaurant there called Pi? They had great pizzas!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I thought Reardan's was Grant's before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Many years ago Rearden's used to be called........Rearden's! Or at least it was when my dad used to drink there in the 50s/60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

In the 90's when it was the Crazy Horse, there was a small bar on the right called Reardans, it was accesible through the Crazy horse and Washington street. It was part of the complex, but looked kind of seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Afraid im not old enough but were there many wine wholesalers in the city? I think I read before that the mcdonalds previously mandys was a tobacco and wine merchant? Were there a lot of places like that ?
    That was Woodford Bourne's previously.
    http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/places/stpatricksstreet/selectedplacesofinterest/woodfordbournecoltd/

I think where I heard of it was apparently the West Cork flying column leader Tom Barry lived above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

wasn't there a restaurant there called Pi? They had great pizzas!

Indeed. Seamus O'Connell of Ivory Tower was behind it.

Is the Ivory Tower still around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

It is but it has had some health and safety issues.

Is it still as good and quircky as it used to be?

Advertisement