Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing/Killing off Annoying Overgrown Trees

• 18-03-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

We have a a few trees growing out the back of our site which we have fenced off but the trees are overgrowing the fence. The trees are part of our overall site but we want to remove them, but because of the fence blocking them off and the amount of them they are hard to get at the root of them

I have attached a picture of a small piece of them, I think they might be coniferous trees??

Could I spray anything on their branches/upper part of the tree which would kill it off/stop it growing?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why would you want dead trees there? chop em down; it's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it might be leylandii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Yep, looks very like Leylandii.

If you don't want them where they are, the only realistic solution is to remove them.
    Poisoning them will only result in you having dead trees shedding branches and falling over in strong wind.

Advertisement