Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Update- Can I undo?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I recently updated Internet Explorer (I know, I know) on my Mum's Laptop (Windows 7).

Since then, internet connection has almost died - it spends ages trying to load a page, and then it almost certainly fails to load. I would like to install Chrome or Firefox, but I obviously can't with no connection.

Is there a way of uninstalling this latest update? Or does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That sounds more like a coincidence. Try turning off IP V6 support first. And check that there's no proxy wrongly set in the IE options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

:o

You've lost me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Firblog

I think you can revert to a previous version by going to

C:\programfiles(x86)\internet explorer

look for the icon for internet explorer (iexplore I think) it should be shown as an application, then right click -> properties... previous versions somewhere and revert/restore,

Sorry I'm not more accurate, but using a XP machine at the mo..:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You could try resetting the IE settings, see here for more info :)

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Technique wrote: »
    :o

You've lost me...

How to disable IP v6:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Which update?

Updating IE shouldn't cause any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

yoyo wrote: »
    You could try resetting the IE settings, see here for more info :)

Nick

This fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement