Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad fusions

Options
  • 18-03-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what you folks think of trad fusion. Bands like Kíla, Afro Celt Sound System, Moving Hearts. Even Horslips, Hothouse Flowers, Damien Dempsey who have trad influences but it wouldn't be such a big part.

But mixing trad with another genre, yay or nay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I think it's called progress.

I love pure traditional music but I have albums by all the artists you mentioned that I play all the time except Afro Celt sound System which I don't have any of but a quick youtube sounds very Moving Hearts like.

A lot of good songs have a trad basis.

Luka Bloom's "you couldn't have come at a better time" is done to the air of the Kesh jig.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

trad wrote: »
    I think it's called progress.

I love pure traditional music but I have albums by all the artists you mentioned that I play all the time except Afro Celt sound System which I don't have any of but a quick youtube sounds very Moving Hearts like.

A lot of good songs have a trad basis.

Luka Bloom's "you couldn't have come at a better time" is done to the air of the Kesh jig.

Progress, perfect word for it :)

I'm the same myself, I really like songs that aren't pure traditional but incorporate trad elements.

Advertisement