Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D printer

• 18-03-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭

Does anyone know if any departments have a 3d printer? I know there's a high spec one in the nimbus center but I doubt students would be able to get access to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

What are you trying to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

dahamster wrote: »
    What are you trying to do?

Thinking of getting one for a society, a reprap is an cheap option if we can print some of the components in cit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PlaceboGazebo

I'd be interested in getting involved, which soc?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

engineering department has 2. Used for projects and stuff. dont think you can go in and just print something off for the crack tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fredted7

Im not sure but I think NCAD have this 3D printer, its a desktop affordable machine by these guys www.layerlabz.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Mech Eng has a 3d printer. It's in the mechanics lab around A272 or thereabouts.

Advertisement