Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhance sound Quality of Downloaded Backing Tracks

Options
  • 18-03-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have some backing tracks which I have downloaded from Karaoke-version.com to my pc.

I also have some other tracks which have been produced locally - they are excellent sound quality.

The problem is that when I transfer my downloaded tracks from my pc to Mini disc (which I use for gigs) and play alongside the other (Good Quality ones) there is no comparison.

Why bother with the downloaded ones?....They're much cheaper... So I'm wondering if there is some way that I can 'enhance' the downloaded tracks. I've been told that recording from pc to minidisc won't produce good sound because it's only using a pc sound card. Don't know all that much about sound etc so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

I take it your re-recording an MP3, it will never sound good unless you find it's wav file. Get an Ipod and just transfer over mp3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mittens1

Thanks for your reply. Yes - They seem to be MP3 - Not sure what you mean 'transfer over mp3' ?

If I save it to Ipod/Iphone - does the format get changed? Or how do I get Wav file?

Then what is the best connection to transfer to mini disc recorder? Straight into Recorder or via Amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

When your recording the MP3 to minidisc your changing its bitrate below what is the lowest standard(128kbps). If you put them onto Ipod there is no conversion to degrade the quality. Save the to Ipod/Iphone you will be fine. You can only get the wav file if is available when download which I doubt it will be from that site. Might have flac available but see can you find MP3's @ 320kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mittens1

peter05 wrote: »
    When your recording the MP3 to minidisc your changing its bitrate below what is the lowest standard(128kbps). If you put them onto Ipod there is no conversion to degrade the quality. Save the to Ipod/Iphone you will be fine. You can only get the wav file if is available when download which I doubt it will be from that site. Might have flac available but see can you find MP3's @ 320kbps.

Thank you.

Advertisement