Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sowing wild flower seeds in vegetable beds

• 18-03-2013 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I have 4 raised veg beds which I have had mixed success with over the last 4 years.
    I'm not going to have any time to devote to them this year so I'm planning on 2 beds of potatoes (low maintenance) and 2 beds of Irish wild flower seeds.
    Are the wild flower seeds a good/bad idea if I decide to dig them out and grow veg again next year? I usually just grow onions, courgettes and a few other random things to experiment.

Also, what's the best way to leave a bed fallow for a year? Do I just keep it weeded, let if go wild, cover it with breathable membrane?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You could cover it but the bet thing you could do is sow a green manure. It will benefit the soil and also the wee beasties. Have a google.

Advertisement