Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to start a new franchise/series. Any ideas?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Bioshock. the whole setting and tone were great. I really loved the art design and style, as well as the gameplay. As much as everyone praises it, I actually thought the story was a bit ****. The other characters are, for the most part, just faceless voices on the radio giving you fetch quests. (in order to get out, collect x, y and z) The face that your character never speaks does a lot to distance you from the story as well. I will say that the twist near the end (you know what i mean) is brilliant and something i'd have never seen coming. all in all, there's more good than bad but it's not the masterpiece it's made out to be, IMO.
    Did you spend much time getting the audio things? It's a game you have to put a lot together from hearing them. You can miss a lot of the story by missing them, to be honest.
    Assassins Creed. This game I absolutely loved. The story is engaging and running around the place almost feels like a 12th century GTAIII. The keyboard controls can be difficult at first and having to travel through "the kingdom" is annoying until you can skip it but it's still a great game.
    I quite enjoyed even the first AC. It got a lot of criticism about being too repetitive, and AC2 is widely seen as the superior game. Which it is for sure.
    Darksiders. Not too fond of the arcadey/platformy feel but the story and gameplay are good. it looks amazing and is good fun to play. Feels like it doesn't want to be on the PC though.
    I love Zelda games, but for some reason I didn't get into Darksiders all that much. I've had it on my backlog for ages now. I'll get back to it... eventually. Will see about Darksiders 2 at that point. Oh, and the Darksiders IP is now in new hands. Nordic Games I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Did you spend much time getting the audio things? It's a game you have to put a lot together from hearing them. You can miss a lot of the story by missing them, to be honest.

I'm sure I missed the odd one but i collected most of them. They do a great job of fleshing out the world of Rapture and some are quite creepy.

Advertisement