Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Tom iPhone app

• 18-03-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have the Tom Tom Satnav app since I first started using an iPhone 3. I got the car kit to go with it at the time. When I changed to iPhone 4S, I followed the suggestions to "adapt" the holder for its different shape by sticking a small piece of foam to the bottom of the holder, which allowed me to successfully use the same holder for another couple of years. Now I'm considering getting an iPhone 5 and wondering if anyone else has used it in the original tom tom car kit, or did they have to buy another kit specially for it. The kits are expensive enough though thy can be used as a charger too. More importantly, does the app actually work properly on the iPhone 5 if used in iPhone 3 car kit? Can anyone advise, please and thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The iPhone 5 is longer and has a different port so more then likely wont fit your original holer

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Thanks, Guil, hadn't thought of that, it does have a different port. That answers that so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah I had the same problem.
    TomTom this time around released a generic holder rather than a specific iphone 5 holder as they claim the gps chip in the iphone5 negates the idea of a cradle.
    Not too sure about that myself as I've definitely found the iphone4 with the cradle locking and tracking GPS coordinates faster than the iphone 5.
    Still does the job though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah I had the same problem.
    TomTom this time around released a generic holder rather than a specific iphone 5 holder as they claim the gps chip in the iphone5 negates the idea of a cradle.
    Not too sure about that myself as I've definitely found the iphone4 with the cradle locking and tracking GPS coordinates faster than the iphone 5.
    Still does the job though I suppose.

Hi Blazer, I eventually got an new iPhone 5 today and am now going back to the car charger problem for my tom tom app. Did you actually get the "generic holder" you mention and if so, what exactly is it called and where did you buy it? Are you happy enough with it at this stage? How much was it? I'd really appreciate your help thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Aren't the new google maps as good as the Tom Tom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Aren't the new google maps as good as the Tom Tom?

Every bit as good if not better in my opinion.

Advertisement