Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 review

Options
  • 18-03-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just open my iphone 5 today. All very exciting but was shocked to find the re-charger has changed. The chargers I have from the iphone 3 and iphone 4s now cannot be used.
    Very disappointed, I cant see any reason why they would change their charger as I liked having a few chargers (one for home; one for the car and one for work) etc.
    Rest of the phone is same as the 4s (bigger screen etc) - all very cool and all that but the re-charger issue did disappoint me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Very disappointed, I cant see any reason why they would change their charger as I liked having a few chargers (one for home; one for the car and one for work) etc.
    Rest of the phone is same as the 4s (bigger screen etc) - all very cool and all that but the re-charger issue did disappoint me.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Just open my iphone 5 today. All very exciting but was shocked to find the re-charger has changed. The chargers I have from the iphone 3 and iphone 4s now cannot be used.

Shocked? Really?? Did you ready anything about it beforehand???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

Am coming up on an upgrade soon and am seriously replacing my 4s with another 4s and giving the old one to my teenage son.

Dont know if I want the hassle of 'having to kit myself out' with additional chargers etc. Shucks... just realised my Alarm Clock Dock woould now be useless...and I am not passing that down the line as it is too good!!

Not to mention... I like my jailbroken apps and all the cool things that my 4s can do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Masala wrote: »
    Am coming up on an upgrade soon and am seriously replacing my 4s with another 4s and giving the old one to my teenage son.

Dont know if I want the hassle of 'having to kit myself out' with additional chargers etc. Shucks... just realised my Alarm Clock Dock woould now be useless...and I am not passing that down the line as it is too good!!

Not to mention... I like my jailbroken apps and all the cool things that my 4s can do!!!

buy the adapter..its what I did for mine..
    in fairness to apple they were never going to win this one regardless whether it was lightning or micro usb they went with.
    Sure micro usb would have been pretty nice and I was fair pissed with them at the start but micro usb sucks..it's flimsy as hell and is a well known failure part on the s3 etc...I changed my mind about the lightning port..it's robust and I don't have to be worrying about plugging it in the wrong way without damaging the port like on my s2.
    Sure Apple got greedy..but hell..they're capitalists..we're all greedy fúckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

More internals meant they had to reduce the size of the charger.

Never really got the 'its a money making scam' story. They don't make money from third party speakers etc. The occasional photographer might want to get a new usb adapter, but that's hardly worth a redesign to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

Masala wrote: »

The iPhone 5 can be jail broken as well

Advertisement