Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Airways

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Did a quick search of the forum before posting, and couldn't see anything relevant that was posted recently - however, apologies if this has been covered or 'done to death' in the past.

Just wanted to get some feed back on the reliability or otherwise of Tiger Airways. Never flown with them myself, only ever heard mostly bad things about them - eg. when I posted on my facebook a/c recently, only people with horror stories to share responded with stories of delays etc.

My question is - are they that bad? Surely the majority of flights run on time & smoothly. I'm looking at booking a return flight from Sydney to Brisbane in a very short space of time - delays would mean the whole thing would be ruined. Tiger seem very competitive in relation to any alternatives, but a little bit reluctant from any feedback I've got.

Anyone with any experiences to share - good, bad or indifferent?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

I have used Tiger airways 5 times since being in Oz and have never had an issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Medme

I used them a few times when I was in Oz and had no issue either. Flights can be delayed no matter what airline your booked with, i was delayed a few times on internal Oz flights, always due to weather. Tiger =Cheap and cheerful kinda job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭KegglesMcS

Depends on who you compare them too. If its them Ryanair f#uckers then you'll have no issues as they are better. Tiger are no frills so hence so cheap airfares. I flew with them to Signapore last week from Perth with no issues. I'm using them again to go to Phuket next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Just use Jetstar Price Beat.

Check Tigers website, find the flight you want, go to Jetstars website, find the closest available flight. Note both prices, dates and times.

Then call Jetstar, tell them you want them to Price Beat, give them the details of the Tiger Flight (they will log on and check it while on the phone to you), then tell them the Jetstar flight you want to be on and they will beat the Tiger price by 5%.

They also waive booking and credit cards fees so you can save yourself a small fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Didnt know that Batgurl, was going to use Tiger to book a flight to Melbourne but will use Jetstar now, thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭KegglesMcS

I boiled an egg once onboard a plane. Wasnt Tiger airways though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

Batgurl wrote: »

Check Tigers website, find the flight you want, go to Jetstars website, find the closest available flight. Note both prices, dates and times.

Then call Jetstar, tell them you want them to Price Beat, give them the details of the Tiger Flight (they will log on and check it while on the phone to you), then tell them the Jetstar flight you want to be on and they will beat the Tiger price by 5%.

They also waive booking and credit cards fees so you can save yourself a small fortune!

This is brilliant! Never heard of it before but will be using that in future.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

I flew with them yesterday from Melbourne to Perth. I had no issues. We boarded on time and arrived 10 minutes early. The staff were nice and the food/drink on board was not craily expensive considering what you pay for it in Perth. I had an emergency row seat which makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

They beat it by 10% actually, its great, got half price jetstar flights for myself last week.

Comparable flights have to be within one hour of each other though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Then call Jetstar, tell them you want them to Price Beat, give them the details of the Tiger Flight (they will log on and check it while on the phone to you), then tell them the
    Jetstar flight you want to be on and they will beat the Tiger price by 5%.

That's amazing, wish I'd known that last week, spent a fortune on last minute tickets to Melbourne.

Flew with tiger though & they were fine - reminded me a bit of Ryanair in that there's no frills & their terminal was pretty much a shed, but there was assigned seats etc & everything was on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Recession Buster

Have flown with tiger a good few times and can't speak highly enough of them.Ryanair prices with most basic customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I used them when I flew from Philippines to Hong Kong
    Small plane. And not comfortable either no leg room and the hassle I had trying to fly home from Hong Kong to Philippines was ridiculous
    Nearly missed my flight.
    The girl at desk from tiger airways was the most ignorant woman I've ever met

Advertisement