Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pinlock

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

cantdecide wrote: »
    Quick question.

I wear glasses and it's the glasses that cause me the greatest difficulty- pinlock or foggy mask?

If you wear glasses then the foggy are better, I have them on my helmets. Pinlocks are great but no point having a clear visor when the glasses are steamed. Once fitted properly the foggy is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Here's the Universal Pinlock one: http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/

I got one for my Shark Vision-R, works damn good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Gonna take a chance and order a universal pinlock diy kit. Its 40 quid but worth a go. If all else fails its a replacement visor & a new lid before winter 2014 with pinlock ready or already installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

M450 wrote: »
    Here's the Universal Pinlock one: http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/

I got one for my Shark Vision-R, works damn good!

I've had one of these for a year now. I prefer them to pinlock. I find the pinlock doesn't last long. The plastic used to hold it in wears and eventually it starts letting air in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

And I wear an open face lid, no misting for moi :p
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Has anybody gone and drilled their visor to accomodate the pinlock screws?
    Thinking of installing it on my lid but don't want to make a balls of it! Would you recommend drilling or perhaps using an adhesive version?

Its expensive enough for what it is! £28 Stg
    Ebay

AjDFtKXl.jpg

TBH I would not go drilling a visor the plastic is extremely frail. Much better off with a foggy insert then going down the drilling road.....lining up the pinlock would be a disaster to get right. And if not right a new visor will be required costing a hell of alot more.

was thinkin the same wonda, cheers for that
    When you say foggy insert do you mean a nose piece? or something similar to the pinlock but with adhesive edges to it like these

did someone mention cotters do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My dad got an adhesive only one and its worked fine. It's got a reactive tint too which could be handy.
    I think drilling could be messy, I'd guess you have to get it to the milimeter to get it right. What about buying a visor with a pinlock installed? I'm assuming most manufactures do them at this stage?

I would give the adhesive a go alright....but if not set right would it leave the visor with a residue???

Last item on the list....its the foggy that attaches to the inside front of the lid and sits covering your nose. Need to be setup perfectly but once they are they are brilliant.
    http://www.thevisorshop.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ethevisorshop%2ecom%2facatalog%2fMore_Info%2ehtml&WD=foggy&PN=Product_Catalogue_Breath_Deflectors_973%2ehtml%23a1_216161#a1_216161

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would give the adhesive a go alright....but if not set right would it leave the visor with a residue???

Last item on the list....its the foggy that attaches to the inside front of the lid and sits covering your nose. Need to be setup perfectly but once they are they are brilliant.
    http://www.thevisorshop.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ethevisorshop%2ecom%2facatalog%2fMore_Info%2ehtml&WD=foggy&PN=Product_Catalogue_Breath_Deflectors_973%2ehtml%23a1_216161#a1_216161
    But do they get all wet from condensation?

Cienciano wrote: »
    But do they get all wet from condensation?

Not at all....I have never experienced that TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Not at all....I have never experienced that TBH.

Do you have that set-up on your helmet?

I've taken the breath deflector from my Shoei and put it in the Buell and it certainly is helping matters (I'd forgotten they clip out !) and I'll order the adhesive insert from crossans while I'm at it.
    Its a lid I bought new years ago but never used, it looks great with the breath deflector installed. Its a bitch cause they don't make them any more so its difficult t buy a new visor for it anyway. The visor on it is an AVG but its perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

My lid has a recess in the visor that the pinlock sits into. Its like it becomes part of the visor rather than sitting on the visor. I dont know how i went so many years without pinlock tbh!

My lid is a HJC IS-17

I've taken the breath deflector from my Shoei and put it in the Buell and it certainly is helping matters (I'd forgotten they clip out !) and I'll order the adhesive insert from crossans while I'm at it.
    Its an lid I bought new years ago but never used, it looks great with the breath deflector installed. Its a bitch cause they don't make them any more so its difficult t buy a new visor for it anyway. The visor on it is an AVG but its perfect.

I have a brand new foggy here (RED) in the house un-used in the packet. I got it free with my GoPro3 up in Crossans, you are more then welcome to it m8 if I can lay my hands on it. I can meet you on a spin some weekend or post it to you.

PM me and let me know.

They're brilliant alright, I have one in my Shoei, but I'm about to retire it, I've just ordered a smokey stick on one from crossans and swapped the breath deflector over.

I have a brand new foggy here (RED) in the house un-used in the packet. I got it free with my GoPro3 up in Crossans, you are more then welcome to it m8 if I can lay my hands on it. I can meet you on a spin some weekend or post it to you.

PM me and let me know.
    Wonda Haha typical.. I just pulled the trigger. Very kind offer man thanks anyway

Advertisement