Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query on 1980 Peugeot 504 Motor Tax

• 19-03-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hello
    I need a bit of help on this one. My Uncle has a Peugeot 504 that was lying in his barn (in great condition) for the last 16 years. Its running but he doesn't want to tax it as he thinks he'll be paying full whack as he was told that the 30 year exemption for Classics was suspended by Revenue a few years ago.

I on the otherhand think he's incorrect and to tax his 504 for a year is approx €58. Am I right???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Hello
    I need a bit of help on this one. My Uncle has a Peugeot 504 that was lying in his barn (in great condition) for the last 16 years. Its running but he doesn't want to tax it as he thinks he'll be paying full whack as he was told that the 30 year exemption for Classics was suspended by Revenue a few years ago.

I on the otherhand think he's incorrect and to tax his 504 for a year is approx €58. Am I right???

You're right, vintage tax is still for anything over 30 years old but he'll have to NCT it, the 30 year rolling rule for that was done away with, any car reg'd after 1/1/80 needs testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Blue850 wrote: »
    You're right, vintage tax is still for anything over 30 years old but he'll have to NCT it, the 30 year rolling rule for that was done away with, any car reg'd after 1/1/80 needs testing.

Thanks for that. I knew that I was right on the tax but I knew that there was something a few years back with regard to the 30 year rule. Now I know. Are they any easier on a 33 year old car doing the NCT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Thanks for that. I knew that I was right on the tax but I knew that there was something a few years back with regard to the 30 year rule. Now I know. Are they any easier on a 33 year old car doing the NCT?
    All safety issues will be same as for a modern vehicle. Emissions are much more lenient though.

466.jpg

Any pics of your Uncle's Peugeot?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I'll try to get a few when I'm out on the farm next. He's a few miles away. Is that your 504? Looks great!

• Advertisement

I'll try to get a few when I'm out on the farm next. He's a few miles away. Is that your 504? Looks great!

No, just one I spotted at a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yep, some pics would be great! I like those ol Pugs, rare nowadays.

Advertisement