Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

heard a rumour on campus today that the headliner is aqua

anyone else hear that?

will original rudeboys make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mark27493

I assume there'll be drink promotions at this...? It'd be just wrong to charge the o2's usual 7 or 8 euro a pint for students

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

omicron wrote: »
    I heard Paolo Nutini?

That was rumours on twitter that some girl circulated and then "took it back" like an hour later...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dani Pacheco

Aqua.

That'd actually be unreal.
    But, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Aqua?
    First Gigi... if aqua made an appearance I'd actually be reliving my childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Blut2

Soooo 72 hours to go...that headliner eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Maybe the big reveal is that the headliner was inside you all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dazziola

Mark27493 wrote: »
    I assume there'll be drink promotions at this...? It'd be just wrong to charge the o2's usual 7 or 8 euro a pint for students

I've been to the O2 on 4 separate occassions, and it has never been more than €5 a pint. Past UCD Ball's never had student value drinks (because they'll sell it anyway given the event) so I'd expect this one to be no different

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

For everyone who still hasn't copped the headliner.

Listen closely to the music in the UCD Ball announcement video. Who's the one artist who isn't mentioned yet has two songs in the video?

There's your headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

I left UCD a couple of years ago and they used to have the Balls (what years they actually had one) in the space between the Medicine building and the old Students' Union building.

Is that space all gone with the redevelopments? Cos it comfortably accomodated the numbers back then.

• Advertisement

For everyone who still hasn't copped the headliner.

Listen closely to the music in the UCD Ball announcement video. Who's the one artist who isn't mentioned yet has two songs in the video?

There's your headliner.

Mundy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Mundy?

Haven't watched the video but if that's true I'd be bitterly disappointed. Hardly what I'd call a Headliner. Also no reason to hold it back this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Benni Bennasi. Or however you spell it

errlloyd wrote: »
    Benni Bennasi. Or however you spell it

Not a hope. He's in the super league these days (He played Coachella there last weekend) and is playing Las Vegas on Friday. My mistake, that's for May. I'd be surprised if they got him to be honest. He'd be commanding the same money as the likes of Afrojack these days.

http://www.bennybenassi.com/tour

Bingo Man

1000th post squandered there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ironclaw wrote: »
    Haven't watched the video but if that's true I'd be bitterly disappointed. Hardly what I'd call a Headliner. Also no reason to hold it back this long.

There is. If it's really **** it will put people off going.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Entsballer1

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not a hope. He's in the super league these days (He played Coachella there last weekend) and is playing Las Vegas on Friday. My mistake, that's for May. I'd be surprised if they got him to be honest. He'd be commanding the same money as the likes of Afrojack these days.

http://www.bennybenassi.com/tour

You're MAD if you think Benny Benassi costs anywhere near what Afrojack costs. And I don't mean to be insulting, but you're well off the mark and Benassi is well within reach.

You're MAD if you think Benny Benassi costs anywhere near what Afrojack costs. And I don't mean to be insulting, but you're well off the mark and Benassi is well within reach.

Yeah I kinda wrote that and then reflected on it, seeing as he's David Guetta's half protege at this stage. Couldn't come up with a 'just below the top' DJ to compare Benny too. The guy is demanding big money however as he's scheduled in Las Vegas this year. Most big names arn't even doing Ibiza this year as a result of Vegas's influence (Tiesto for the first time not headlining in Ibiza and Pacha kicking out all the major players include Morillo)

So yeah, Afrojack was a bad choice to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

How strict do people think they'll be on graduates going with old student cards?

How strict do people think they'll be on graduates going with old student cards?

Not strict at all I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Not strict at all I imagine.

Hopefully not, would be an awful shame!

Hopefully not, would be an awful shame!

Just asked Heffo on the council page, he said it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Blut2

Just asked Heffo on the council page, he said it should work.

If its not sold out I can't imagine them turning away paying customers once they have a form of government ID to show theyre over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

The last two years I've been I wasn't asked for any form of ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was always asked for a student card any time I've been but I'd say an expired one would be fine.

I thought he meant for buying a ticket, in terms of the door, you defo won't get turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭spillit67

At this stage Ents would be better off keeping in a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dani Pacheco

Despite all the fuss over the Headliner, I think that at the end of the day, the purpose of the ball is for us all to have a final day out before exams to blow off some steam by getting absolutely twisted. And this has been provided to us. So, whatever the final line-up turns out to be, Friday is going to be one unreal session regardless (Hopefully this lipdub craic finishes on time now!).

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Don't think tickets seem to be selling too well. Had ents guys coming around to lectures today trying to 'sell it' to the class so they must be desperate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Don't think tickets seem to be selling too well. Had ents guys coming around to lectures today trying to 'sell it' to the class so they must be desperate...
    From what I heard there's already tons of tickets sold and I know a lot of people going. I'd say they're just trying to maximize sales.

Advertisement