Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best commuter / fun bike ever

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

This one might be of interest to you mate

Looks very clean

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4745960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

After the test ride in McCallens on Sat. the Tiger is a serious piece of kit and deffo a wolf in sheeps clothing.....fantastic fun and so flickable for such a tall bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Every bike is gonna be a right pain in the A hole when filtering with the big ass luggage strapped on.
    Once the bars are your widest point you should be grand.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Once the bars are your widest point you should be grand.

True...and keep the knees in lol. TBH luggage on the bigger bikes tend to be wider then the handle bars and alot of the time without luggage you can kinda flick the bike in between to squeeze through (as in lean just at the narrowest point) no tilting with the luggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Just came back from abroad - 3 days of delirium... Heck,not drinking anymore...

Saw the bird on donedeal.. Looks ok.. I will call the lad and see.

Triumph, triumph i believe they are solid and great but i just cant go along with the service cost...

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Not sure whether it fits your needs but in terms of fun, the Triumph Street Triple has been getting fantastic reviews...

Saw the tripple today afternoon and i had a chat with owmer.. Great fun just not sure about passenger comfort... I kniw its not the same but it kinda reminds me duca monster with different headlights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,401 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Triumph, triumph i believe they are solid and great but i just cant go along with the service cost...

They are reasonably good bikes for DIY and lots of pattern parts available. Genuine parts are OK for the usual service parts, e.g. oil filters, order online from wemoto or World of Triumph. Honda have always had the dearest genuine parts...

Scrap the cap!

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Saw the tripple today afternoon and i had a chat with owmer.. Great fun just not sure about passenger comfort... I kniw its not the same but it kinda reminds me duca monster with different headlights

Ed,

You seriously have to take a spin on the Tiger 1050SE :eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ed,

You seriously have to take a spin on the Tiger 1050SE :eek:

Will they pay me for that? I will have no more then 5k for sure. ;( and i really really wanna bird. I just love that bike already. I am not gonna change mind unless someyhing special will come up or i win the lottery.

You will get a Tiger 1050SE for that....I have seen them from 07 up to 2010 for all kinds of money. I would not dismiss it is all I am saying....you are a big lad and it would suit you perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I know you ruled out Fazers right from the start, but there's nicely kitted out 09 has come up for sale on biker.ie - looks the business, but probably more suited for a new / learner biker.

I need something that gonna keep me entertained for long time.. I am not sure if fazer is the choice. And i know the fazer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I can see where Bikerguy is coming from here. The blackbird has amazing performance and is practical, I reckon when you decide on it nothing would really convince you otherwise. He convinced me earlier, and nothing in the thread looks nearly as appealing for that money imho!

About filtering with panniers, I do it every day, it's not that bad at all. As AgileMyth said, bars are usually the widest point. Yes, it's harder but not much when you are used to the size of your bike. I reckon about once a month on a commute there's a gap or awkward turn in traffic I can't get through because of the panniers, so almost no difference for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

'busa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wossack wrote: »
    'busa?

Looks manky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cienciano wrote: »
    Looks manky
    They are so ugly they are kind of attractive.
    Like a bike made of chocolate parked too close to the heater....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

true - pretty iconic looks fwiw

the kawasaki hypers are best looking of the bunch imo (zzr12/1400)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Cb1000r?!

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Cb1000r?!

2 small for me. not comfy at all. only option that fit me well from the "racing group honda inside my budget" would be the 954. not sure about comfort for my wife but defo a fast beast.

2day i called guy for Bbird

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4436358

bike was abused fairings replaced, one mirror glued to fairing... simple bad estate, not worth.

anyway me asking how long time do you own her? he saying i dont know maybe one year?... diff colour mudguard, 44k miles, serviced last time in 1999 :))) and he is like yeh but thats ok this bike will never let you down.. :)

well i just wanted to push it to hard... :)

i have to wait a little more to have the funds.

• Advertisement

today went to see zzr1200 silver according to seller with 16k

results?
    bike droped on right side, heavy abused and i can bet the milleage is more like 116k then 16k. well another lesson learned, at least the seller was sound guy and honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Best commuter/fun bike - RD350LC, no question.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Best commuter/fun bike - RD350LC, no question.

#tthats a killer.. 2 stroke monster!!

Went to see 954 to laoise. Mint condition but down on one side. Seller laughing but every bike was down no? His answer. Asking 3250e no tax no service history on the clock 23k the suspension was not great nice looking yoke ok but not worth that money sure. Just to make people aware.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4841201

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Have you see this on Donedeal this morning. Not too far from you either.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4869428

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

positron wrote: »
    Have you see this on Donedeal this morning. Not too far from you either.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4869428

You might still have to pay some VRT on that.
    Looks like a UK plate on the back of that bike.

P.C. wrote: »
    You might still have to pay some VRT on that.
    Looks like a UK plate on the back of that bike.

Was calling owner twice. He has it 2y,not serviced and not registered. Not sure if all papper work on scene. Its a no go for me.

And yes its uk bike brought 2 y a go.

If its too good to be true and all that jazz.......

I am proud owner of CBR954RR with 19300km on the clock. Beast.

Pics to follow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement