Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business'/services of use to those new to Ireland?

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Note: I had a brief scan of this forum's terms and conditions, and I 'think' this thread is above board. If not, then please delete asap, and I'll ask the mod how to proceed.

I won't post the website address, so please feel free to PM me if this strikes your interest.

I am in the process of creating a website aimed at helping a particular market - the newly arrived (or planning to move) to a new country. While I plan to extend it to major European cities, I'm using Dublin as my test city, to figure out the best format and revenue model.

This type of site is not new, and I'm under no illusions here. I know that even for Dublin alone there are 10+ (that I'm aware of) with info for the newly arrived. But after a long process of market research and competition analysis, I have a different angle (which I won't go into in detail just yet).

'Expatriates' cover a massive demographic - young, recently qualified and searching for opportunities, career professionals relocating to a new position, families and more - and there are a number of services they will need in their first weeks and months in a new city - from job agencies, to relocation services to finding rental accommodation ... it's a long list.

What I propose is this:

If you (or somebody you know) provide(s) a service that would be of benefit to the newly arrived and settling in, I can offer you an opportunity to reach this demographic with a win-win exchange.
    Unique, high-quality content (articles, tips, guides) relating to your area of expertise, for a permanent link & full directory listing to your business/service, which will remain after I begin sponsored links.

It would be similar to guest blogging, but under a different format.

If you would like further information on content format, categories, current website analytics etc, ask me for more info..

Even if this isn't my million dollar idea, it might go some distance to helping some people settle in to Dublin, and help some local business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

What exactly are you looking for here? Investors? Partners? Customers? A hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

A shorter, more to the point post:

I am building a platform with a specific target market.

Looking for: partnerships with Dublin-based businesses.
    Offering: advertising opportunity on this platform/name.

In return for: paid spots content.

The website is part business directory, part advice. The two are interlinked.

An example:

If you are in the business of (example) CV / Resume writing services ...

In return for:
    An article or advice on this area, aimed at this audience. e.g. "What Dublin employers look for in a CV"

I can offer:
    a full directory listing (name, address, phone, map, opening hours, link to article), which will remain free of cost, even after I begin charging for these listings.

@ last poster, I'm good for hugs, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

IrishExpat wrote: »
    @ last poster, I'm good for hugs, thanks.
    Thank Christ for that... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Update:

I am now taking a more direct strategy and contacting businesses who I believe could benefit from advertising on this platform, with positive results and partnerships being formed,

but the offer still stands.

Again, I won't post the link publicly, but PM me if interested.

Advertisement