Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursey Furniture

Options
  • 19-03-2013 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

Just looking for recommendations on where to purchase furniture for nusery. Have looked in Mamas and Papas and thought it was a bit overpriced. Ended up going to M&P outlet in Banbridge yesterday and picking up cot bed and changer for kitchen but need a lot more. Just wondering where is recommended?

Some friends have recommended Baby World in Galway but there website doesnt work and I am not sure I should drive 2 hours if no good?

There is baby elegance opened around the corner in D15 but doesn't seem to be much cheaper than M&P? so looking for some good ideas......

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Just looking for recommendations on where to purchase furniture for nusery. Have looked in Mamas and Papas and thought it was a bit overpriced. Ended up going to M&P outlet in Banbridge yesterday and picking up cot bed and changer for kitchen but need a lot more. Just wondering where is recommended?

Some friends have recommended Baby World in Galway but there website doesnt work and I am not sure I should drive 2 hours if no good?

There is baby elegance opened around the corner in D15 but doesn't seem to be much cheaper than M&P? so looking for some good ideas......

Thanks

Done deal.ie
    Is brill for second hand stuff - it's usually perfect condition!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on what you need?
    A cot and changing unit are all the furniture that I can think of needing.

We got our cot/pram/car seats from kiddicare.com.
    Ikea sell baby furniture too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got my stuff in littledreamers.ie in galway. They have a variety of price ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, can't really think of what other furniture is required for a babies room - a wardrobe or chest of drawers maybe, but you wouldn't need to buy them in a baby shop - any furniture supplier would do. We got a cot from my sister in law, so just bought a new mattress. Never bothered with a baby changer, just changed her downstairs on a mat during the day or on the bed at night (double bed in her room).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

We got cot (one that becomes a toddler bed), mattress and changing table in Ikea over the weekend for about 200EUR. We bought a crib for the first few months to go in our bedroom second hand online and just bought a new mattress in Smyths for 20EUR.

I really liked the mamas and papas range but it was just too expensive for us. Haven't put the Ikea furniture up yet (baby not due for 3 months) but I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it all was when we looked at in the shop. We went out to have a look a few weeks ago before looking around elsewhere and decided the Ikea stuff suited us best (for cost and what we were looking for)

We already had two chest of drawers in the spare room so they're staying. We also bought a little rocking type chair and footstool in Ikea for breastfeeding or just somewhere to sit in the room with baby, if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

In my son's room we have his cotbed, a changing table, a floating chair & foot stool & a wardrobe.
    All except the wardrobe are Mamas & Papas but we got them second hand but in first hand condition.
    We paid €50 for the chair & foot stool, €40 for the changing table (great for not having to bend over especially if like me you have a section) & €30 for the cotbed (bought a new mattress though).
    Have a look at Adverts.ie or Babybay.ie for great bargains :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Ikea. Loads of choice and cheap. We went with Mamut range which seemed the sturdiest. Of course you always spend more than you intended in Ikea but they are great for the stuff you don't need to last next 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I looked at nursery furniture but it was really overpriced. We needed a wardrobe for the nursery and got a huge one in Ikea for €100 and it's great. Second hand chest of drawers. I did get a changing table for about €100 as we're having twins so lots of nappies....but have since seen one for sale second hand on the facebook "not just for twins" selling page. Donedeal also has tons of stuff for sale secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We also got Ikea's finest. Couldn't get over the price of a lot of the 'nursery' sets and they looked pretty flimsy. We got furniture that can be used after the baby stage as we don't have the space for specific baby stuff, apart from the cot, which will be a small bed in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

We got a cot and changing table at Ikea, great price and the changing table turns into just a chest of drawers for when baby is older!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Smyths have 20% off online, you have to type in code easter20

Advertisement