Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom technician call out - 2 weeks to wait??

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I have just moved house - but within the same exchange in South Dublin
    I called the moving home team and the line was to be switched to the new house last Friday however it hasn't worked and I have no phone / broadband.
    I called this morning to report the fault and was told that I need a technician call out
    The lead time I was given was 10 working days ie 2 weeks??
    Crazy stuff waiting 2 weeks for a technician to call
    Is there any way to speed this up??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi finners01

10 days is the usual time for a technician to install a line if there was no line originally at your new premises or if the electronic activation of the line currently there failed.

Can you please send me a private message detailing your new address and account number? I will look into this further.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 26 finners01

Hi finners01

10 days is the usual time for a technician to install a line if there was no line originally at your new premises or if the electronic activation of the line currently there failed.

Can you please send me a private message detailing your new address and account number? I will look into this further.

Regards

Al
    Hi Alan,
    I just got a call there from Eircom and the technician is calling out tomorrow!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

finners01 wrote: »
    Hi Alan,
    I just got a call there from Eircom and the technician is calling out tomorrow!
    Thanks

Hi finners01

I'm really happy to hear this, I did just send it for an escalation but I didnt expect it would be so soon :) 

Regards

Al

Advertisement