Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIOT IN CRANMORE - St. PATRICKS NIGHT

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Just heard reports of a riot in Cranmore on St. Patricks night, anybody got the 'heads up' on this????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I live in Cranmore and walked home around 1.30am didn't see or hear anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ocean fm have it, so must have been something going on.
    http://oceanfm.ie/sp/article_manager/detail/gardai_called_to_disturbance_in_cranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

There was a big gang of lads fighting each other at the junction of John St/ O'Connel street at about 1am that night. It was a pretty vicious fight, they were knocking each other to the pavement, up against cars and walls, kicking etc. It was like they were being deliberately dramatic and reckless, roaring and shouting, dragging the fight in front of moving cars (hollywood style) trying to attract an audience. Everyone just ignored them, Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

A certain "minority group" had a falling out amongst themselves in McDonnell drive. Weapons galore apparently and the gardai could only stand by and let it run out of steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I believe it was a mini-riot took place in Joe McDonnell drive in Cranmore (family fued), I can understand why Cranmore people don't really want to acknowledge what happened as the estate has a very bad name as it is, at the same time an incident that Gardai can't even control has got to be acknowledged and those involved jailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I know many decent people living in Canmore and I feel so sorry for these people having to live with these lawless minority's and the rap they bring to an area

Advertisement