Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking to move to SKY

• 19-03-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi guys,

I am thinking move to SKY broadband from Smart. I just wondering are they any good?How is the speed/ ping time? Also any contention? What is the cap for unlimited package.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

you shouldnt move until Eircom are good to go with VDSL on May 20th( which sky of course will resell ), unless you know youre in an area thats not covered?

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Speed - most people have have experienced improved speeds. For me, personally, I didn't because my noise margin is too low.

Ping - my ping improved from 60 to 40.

Contention - should be low because most people are with Eircom at the exchange.

Download cap - it's truly unlimited. No need to worry about extra charges and that. I leave uTorrent running 24/7 and I can access the Pirate Bay. Sky can afford to have unlimited downloads because they don't have as many customers as Eircom. Unlimited downloads might pose a problem if everyone switches to Sky, but since Eircom are launching fiber on the 20th of May, they'll keep a good few of their customers for the time being.

Advertisement