Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 lr pistol

Options
  • 19-03-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to get into target shooting and is looking for a second hand pistol or of details of any dealers who may have some in stock.

Preferably something on the guidelines list and price will depend on the firearm and condition etc.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

A friend of mine is looking to get into target shooting and is looking for a second hand pistol or of details of any dealers who may have some in stock.

Preferably something on the guidelines list and price will depend on the firearm and condition etc.

thanks

Pistol licences (.22lr) are only issued if yoy are a nember of a reckonised club.
    Most of these clubs will have a dealer associated with them, or members who may be upgrading or selling .22's, which means if they are licenced there should be no problem obtaining a licence for them.
    The criteria for a pistol is much stricter than a shotgun or rifle , so your friend should do some research regarding finding a club shich permits pistol shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

thanks

He will have to be a member of a range FIRST, that caters for pistol shooting. I'm sure people there can point him in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

Thanks for the advice, I myself already have a pistol and am a club member, range member etc. and know the process. Local dealer does not have much stock at present so am wondering what is out there.

What area are you based.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

Based in the North West, but am in Dublin once / twice a week so wondering if anything around that area. Will also be checking the north but as I said wondering if anyone has one they want to sell or seen something nice in a dealers.

• Advertisement

Cresent Sports Monkstown Dublin
    Gun Shop.ie Howth Road Dublin
    Harbour Guns Athy Co Kildare
    Tannyokky Pointzpass Newry. Co Down

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Give hilltop shooting club a ring they have some .22 pistols for sale

Advertisement