Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extra virgin coconut oil

Options
  • 19-03-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to find this type of oil in catering sizes in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There is a guy in the CoOp market on Newmarket Square (opem Thursdays and Saturdays), his stall is next to the cafe. I might give him a shout, he sells all different kinds of olive oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I noticed some in Dunnes last week. I distinctly remember it as I don't remember seeing it before tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I've seen copra being dried in the sun and in kilns, I've seen copra being crushed to produce coconut oil. What I've never seen is copra being pressed more than once. Maybe such a process exists but I've never seen or heard of it. All coconut oil is, by definition, virgin. Extra virgin seems to me to be just marketing bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

Gyalist wrote: »
    I've seen copra being dried in the sun and in kilns, I've seen copra being crushed to produce coconut oil. What I've never seen is copra being pressed more than once. Maybe such a process exists but I've never seen or heard of it. All coconut oil is, by definition, virgin. Extra virgin seems to me to be just marketing bs.

From what I understand, is that not all coconut oil is "virgin". I got a bottle of pure coconut oil from KTC and it doesn't have any flavor. The virgin and extra virgin on the contrary have a smell and flavor of coconut.

Thanks for suggestions regarding dunnes, I will look for it, however, I was looking forward for catering sizes, i.e 2L+ generally dunnes and health shops would sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

If you're looking for catering sizes, contact frylite. Its been ages since I looked in their catalogue, but I think I remember seeing coconut oil

Edit: They don't seem to have it, they may be able to tell you who does though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

There is a Philippino shop in Capel St., Dublin. May be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Nourish on Wicklow St. have it but I don't know if they would stock catering sizes unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Asia Market have a cash and carry out by the red cow, they might have something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement