Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R-gain,R-cut off Question

• 19-03-2013 12:41pm

On the blast city's front remote board I have two pots
    R-gain and B-gain
    According to the manual
    "turning to the right will result in red/blue becoming darker"

Then on the chassis I have 3 more pots
    R-cutoff,G-cutoff,B-cutoff
    According to the manual
    "turing these to the right will result in R/G/B becoming darker

Any idea what the difference is?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    On the blast city's front remote board I have two pots
    R-gain and B-gain
    According to the manual
    "turning to the right will result in red/blue becoming darker"

Then on the chassis I have 3 more pots
    R-cutoff,G-cutoff,B-cutoff
    According to the manual
    "turing these to the right will result in R/G/B becoming darker

Any idea what the difference is?
    Cheers

Not sure myself but I think the cutoff ones on the chassis are not meant to be adjusted by the normal user. I could be confusing this though.

The ones at the front can only be accessed when you unscrew the remote board.
    I think i might have adjusted them when i had the monitor out.(it says there factory set)
    colors are deffo not bright enough on it.
    no green one at the front which is strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

nice,
    exactly what i need

whats a screen pot!

• Advertisement

It's screen voltage, works as a brightness pot and usually found on the fly back !
    It's usually right next to the Focus pot .

ah yeah I know that one.I just always called it voltage.
    Mine is extremely sensitive.This normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is it true that it's a good idea to keep the screen voltage pot low and brighten it up in other ways?

I remember reading somewhere before that the lower that is the better for the health of the monitor.

That linked guide is brilliant. I used it when I first got my cab and it really made the picture brighten up. The colour bars on CPS2 games test menus is really good for it.

just tried that guide and got picture a bit better,
    Ive no pcbs that show a colour gradient so its a total pain.
    no to lift the ****er back it

The screen volt should be set so that the Flyback lines are just below visibility, grantspain from A.O. told be that there is no harm keeping it like that .
    Here's my Aero after adjusting it with a CAVE SH3 board :

DSCF3621.jpg

DSCF3617.jpg

The picture was dull when I bought it and now it's really vibrant and colourful !

I was a bit scared at first to turn every pot to it's starting point but in the end it came out great .

I used a big mirror in front of the Cab to adjust both Screen volt and focus from the back .

• Advertisement

Im actually really happy with my monitor now!
    just played a few different games and its far better.

now to get the other 1slot working!
    Cave boards!
    ya posh ****er :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Just a thought. On a tri sync monitor could those adjustments look different at 31khz and 15khz.

Any ideas as to why I cant get a proper white? or how to increase white? my white color bar seems to start grey and get darker no matter what adjustments i make, also the colors particularly the greens are far too vibrant (almost luminous!) spent hours tweaking it.

urbanledge wrote: »
    Cave boards!
    ya posh ****er :D:D:D:D

stabby2Bsnob.jpg

Just a thought. On a tri sync monitor could those adjustments look different at 31khz and 15khz.

I think they might,
    I think I found a v-sync pot for the d-sub on mine that not mentioned in the manual.

Any ideas as to why I cant get a proper white? or how to increase white? my white color bar seems to start grey and get darker no matter what adjustments i make, also the colors particularly the greens are far too vibrant (almost luminous!) spent hours tweaking it.

White should increase with the brightness pot, did you first set the screen volt just below the Fly back lines showing, then put brightness in the middle as a start and turning up the cutoff colors .
    Some cabs also have a contrast pot .

Casey120 wrote: »
    White should increase with the brightness pot, did you first set the screen volt just below the Fly back lines showing, then put brightness in the middle as a start and turning up the cutoff colors .
    Some cabs also have a contrast pot .

Yeah i've adjusted the screen volts util just before the lines show, thing is the contrast has to be up full for there to be any white(ish) colour, and the others look far too vibrant if that makes sense.

Advertisement