Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Babyliss PRO Perfect Curl launching in April: What do you think?

• 19-03-2013 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

So, the beauty community has been buzzing with the news of this new gadget. You can find basic info about it here (not affiliated):

http://beaut.ie/blog/2013/coming-soon-to-a-wish-list-near-you-babyliss-pro-perfect-curl/

It is quite the investment considering the price: £120 (+ VAT.) (no € price yet).

I am on the fence. It does look a bit terrifying. And I can see a lot of ways for it to go wrong. My hair tends to get tangled even as I'm combing it. I can't imagine how this would work on my thick hair (unless I work with a million little sections over 3 hours!). First I thought it might work on thinner hair. But then it may be quite damaging to it. Your hair must be super smooth before using this.

What do you think of this new hair styler?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah Really Ree demos it here http://www.reallyree.com/2013/03/babyliss-pro-perfect-curl-review.html

I want it but I can see myself with it hanging off my head when I've managed to create a giant curly knot with it!

It looks amazing in one way but very expensive so I don't know if investing in a good wand would do the same job for a fraction of the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

If those pics are her hair done with it, it's rotten. Lank, straggly bottomed curls, not the big, bouncy ones the model on the box has.

I've accepted at this stage that, for my hair at least (long, poker straight, fine-but-absolutely-loads-of-it), the only thing that gives me the gorgeous, Cheryl Cole-esque curls I like is a curly blow-dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Honey-ec wrote: »
    If those pics are her hair done with it, it's rotten. Lank, straggly bottomed curls, not the big, bouncy ones the model on the box has.

I've accepted at this stage that, for my hair at least (long, poker straight, fine-but-absolutely-loads-of-it), the only thing that gives me the gorgeous, Cheryl Cole-esque curls I like is a curly blow-dry.

And in fairness, Cheryl Cole has a stylist doing it so it's not fair to begin with! I want to get a good size wand and give it a go, my hair is quite fine and really fights being curled so I need something really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MagpieJo

My daughter's FRIEND'S mum works for Babyliss, so they all went to hers to get for a disco, and she did six girls' hair in one afternoon, using this. My daughter has thick heavy blonde hair, and the curls were gorgeous, and lasted all weekend. She eventually had to wash her hair on the Sunday evening but if not for that they would have lasted longer. Also, her hair was curled right to the tip, without the bent bit that always happens when I use the curling wand and need a bit to keep hold of.
    Apparently it has different settings for the size curl you want, so def worth the money in my book. On Babyliss' website it says it will sell for £180, the £120 on the link above is much better. I can't wait for it to launch, no more burnt fingertips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Emm I could see myself wrestling with this device....quite expensive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Looks pretty cool, I used to love my Remington spin curl hairdryer but it used to take so long to do my whole head with it so I rarely used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choppy66

Hi guys I'm a hairdresser and I have to say this is such an exciting tool , it may look scary but is so easy to use , check out my demo video http://youtu.be/_C9p3-MGhYU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I love the idea of it but it is WAY WAY too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

choppy66 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm a hairdresser and I have to say this is such an exciting tool , it may look scary but is so easy to use , check out my demo video http://youtu.be/_C9p3-MGhYU

Good video, thanks. Looks amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi just wondering does anyone know if this issue available in the states and if so how much does it cost there? Google is not really bringing up anything,
    Thanks
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi just wondering does anyone know if this issue available in the states and if so how much does it cost there? Google is not really bringing up anything,
    Thanks
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

I am considering buying this. Has anyone here used it? Is it worth the price?

http://www.perfectcurl.co.uk/

£168

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Has anyone tried Babyliss curl secret yet? It's the cheaper version of the pro curl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

molly09 wrote: »
    Thanks
    M

I am not sure but I think Babyliss goes by Conair in the States. Try this one: http://conair.com/infiniti-pro-by-conair-curl-secret-p-1479.html

Just ordered Babyliss Curl Secret on Boots website. I'll feedback and let you know how I get on. 159euro so I hope its worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

panda100 wrote: »
    Just ordered Babyliss Curl Secret on Boots website. I'll feedback and let you know how I get on. 159euro so I hope its worth it!

I really look forward to hearing from you. The reviews are really mixed and I just got a bob cut (which has already become a long bob already!) so I couldn't decide; if it is worth it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

any update on this? how did it go? Dying to hear from someone who has tried it very tempted to splurge on it... could it be the new GHD? :)

Collected it today from boots, and literally ran all the way home to try it out.

Only tried it out on a few strands so far, as didn't have the patience to do a whole head tonight.The few strands I did came out perfect. I was putting in too much hair at the beginning I think as it wasn't sucking it up. It would only take smaller pieces of hair, which makes me think it will take forever to do a whole head.

I'll report back with pic when I've done a whole head, but so far am v.happy! so easy to get perfect curls.

Oh, I should say that I have just below shoulder length hair, that is thick-ish and between frizzy and straight. I have literally tried every curling tong and hot rollers known to man, and have not been able to curl my hair. The reason I went for the curl secret is it seems to be fool-proof.

So finally got round to trying this out last weekend. I used it on the a high heat and high time setting.
    curlsecret_zps489e2bca.jpg

Once I got into the hang of it, it literally took me 10 minutes to do my whole head. I wasn't crazy about the overall effect as I thought it looked a bit too frizzy and sticky out on the sides. However, I think that is down to the products I used, as I put in some curling mousse to my hair. I would prefer a more softer curl than the effect that I got, so next time I will use it on the lowest heat setting and minus the curling mousse. I do think this is a lifesaver for people like me who find it impossible to curl their hair. Very impressed :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

I have a hair straightener and curler from argos at only 6.99,i bought it a few months ago and i haven't looked back since.

A tip before curling your hair would be to straighten it first so you get the curl you want on the part of your hair you want.

Its a little tip i got from a friend who bought a ghd and her kid broke it by dropping it she is down 120,and i told her to buy one in argos(which she did)and she has said since using it she can find no difference between the ghd and the argos straightener..

guillespe wrote: »
    I have a hair straightener and curler from argos at only 6.99,i bought it a few months ago and i haven't looked back since.

A tip before curling your hair would be to straighten it first so you get the curl you want on the part of your hair you want.

Its a little tip i got from a friend who bought a ghd and her kid broke it by dropping it she is down 120,and i told her to buy one in argos(which she did)and she has said since using it she can find no difference between the ghd and the argos straightener..

I really think it depends on your hair. My ghd broke down last year and I was forced to buy a cheapo straightener at my local chemist, it just didn't have the same effect on my frizzy, thick hair.

I see no harm in paying out a bit extra for good hair tools. It can save you a lot of money in the long run, because you're less inclined to book in for a blow dry......or maybe I'm just an Argos snob :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

My hair is straight bar the few kinks in it.. So i don't have to spend ages straightening it,or curling it..Just takes me a few mins to do,i didn't know ghd's were for thick frizzy hair..

Advertisement