Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter query

Options
  • 19-03-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i just got an estimated bill of 170.08euro which i think is very high for me as i was very economical with my electricity usage.do you read meters before issuing a bill or you just quote any amount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi chinny472,

ESB Networks plan to read your meter 4 times a year, so in a 12-month period, customers can expect 2 estimations. (Note that this number may increase if there are difficulties in gaining access to the meter, e.g. locked gate/meter is inside and there is nobody home). These estimates would be based on previous usage patterns.

If you need to adjust your bill, you can ring 1850 372 372, adjust it online here, or send us a PM. With the introduction of our Meter Reading Apps, you can now also submit readings via your Smartphone/iPhone.

For further information on your meter and how to go about reading it, click here. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chinny472

Thank fo your reply David.

Advertisement