Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Might be in the wrong Forum so forgive me if I am as I am completely new to this. Did anyone get Climote yet and if so how is it going? Would you reommend it. How flexible is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

I have Climote for about 3 months now, and would recommend it. My heating bill for Dec/Jan was 50 euro less than the previous 2 months, whereas I'd imagine Dec/Jan was colder.

Basically I have the heating on timer for only first thing in the morning and use the phone to switch it on as needed. It works as advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paulu

Would not recommend Climote. I had it installed last year and it was fine until last weekend when I discovered the heat was not on even though the Climote indicated it was on.
    The second problem is that I could not turn on heat manually so I was without heat for the weekend.

The problem I now have is that I will never know if the heat is on or not as the Climote indicates it is on even though the boiler is off.http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/frown.png

The service from the Climote was poor, did not show up when promised and would not return my calls. When I did get him he said he had mislaid his phone. Totally unprofessional for an expensive system.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately it is not the thermostat. I had the boiler checked by a local guy and all was fine. He would not touch the Climote as he said it may affect the gaurantee so i spent the long weekend without heat.

How can I be sure the system is on in future as the Climote indicated the boiler was running and is there a manual override I canuse if this happens again.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply, the Climote is sorted now, I increased the temp. I understood that was a min temp rather than a max. Is there a way to set a min temp for the house to prevent freezing?

A couple of suggestions
    Train your installers
    -In setting and advising customers regarding the min temp.
    -Not to mislay their phone and return calls in a timely manner.

It is also disappointing that I cannot be confident my boiler is running. Its really not much use to me that the Climote has received the command if my house is not heating.

Thanks again for your help.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

User <Thats My Thinking> banned and posts removed; all businesses need a Verified Rep Account to officially represent their company on the site I'm afraid.<Thats My Thinking>, please contact reps@boards.ie for more information about a Verified Rep Account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement