Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted Wardrobe Cost

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Folks,

Just wonding if you think €2,200 is a fair quote for a fitted wardrobe of this size - seems a bit excessive to me - but I have no experience in dealing with such things.

I am based in the midlands if that is of any relevance.

Thanks,
    Scan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

IMO I'd say your close to the mark on the price for something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 richban

I can see why you've one of the wardrobes at 47cm depth - this may not be wide enough for hanging a suit, coats on the rails as shown - My instincts tell me that the price should be more €1750 - I'd get some of the kitchen companies who might also do wardrobes to check it too - although if the doors are sliders, which is unclear from diagram, the price might actually be reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Yep it's a good price is that 4 mirrors aswell....the 2 sets of drawers and shaker doors....at the top of the wardrobe ask for a filler piece to go behind the cornice up to the ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

Yes - that is 4 mirrors as well

No - They are not sliders.

I had thought about the problem of a 47cm deep wardrobe - but I think it would look fairly clumsy to have them jutting out from a "natural" alcove - but still kind of undecided.

Thanks for feedback - much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

470 be ok a standard coat hanger is 400mm dresses,tshirts,trosers be fine in there suits in the other side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

2200 is not that far off th mark i'd say.
    I had 2 rooms to be done but to a much lower spec. was quoted 2000 for the 2 rooms.
    in the end did it myself, much simpler job than what you got the quote for though. Larry's in drumcondra were great. cut the wood to exact size for me too.

See pic for my diy

Advertisement