Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydrographing

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, Does anybody know much about hydrograping / camo dipping ? Is it expensive , Does it last ? Do you know of anyone that does it ? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

You can buy a kit off fleabay to do it yourself for about £65, don't know any rfd that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bunnystalker

Thanks, but I,m looking for someone to do it for me. I,d make a sh*t of it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

A place in Blanchardstown does it , google it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

lb1981 wrote: »
    A place in Blanchardstown does it , google it

If its where I am thinking, that's an Airsoft shop, not an RFD and they have no business holding on to a real firearm to dip it. So unless you are present for the entire process...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

do you want to have the action and barrel done?

• Advertisement

yep the whole rifle scope and all .thanks

bravestar wrote: »
    If its where I am thinking, that's an Airsoft shop, not an RFD and they have no business holding on to a real firearm to dip it. So unless you are present for the entire process...
    Not too sure if its that airsoft place , i just seen a youtube video from the place moby30 showed me, i would highly doubt its a RFD so you your bang on, i know moby30 was just looking at getting a scope done.

ah i see your predicament so, i remember seeing a thread on here where someone had gotten it done by/through fergal white of ireland custom rifle so unless that person chimes in it may be worth a phone call to fergal

it was "fish slapped" might be worth giving him a PM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77585643

scroll down a little

some of the photos on aquaprint.ie would lead you to believe they can do an entire firearm but they could be just generic photos of the design from their american cousins :rolleyes:

http://www.aquaprint.ie/gallery_n/Firearms/index.html#scope.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They can do your whole firearm but you have to stay there and watch them do it you can' t leave it with them because other than the fact it would be really stupid you would be willingly giving the firearm to an unlicenced person. Most of the pics are of airsoft guns.

I just spoke to them on the phone , and they said that " its not true" That I have to give them the rifle stripped into all the different parts and leave it with them for 3-5 days and that it would be about 200.00 euro ...............I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

I just spoke to them on the phone , and they said that " its not true" That I have to give them the rifle stripped into all the different parts and leave it with them for 3-5 days and that it would be about 200.00 euro ...............I dont think so.

Contact gunhappy on here done a beautiful job on my steyr 308 with Duracoat,very professional

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

lb1981 wrote: »

I was looking at one of Dom's cerakoted rifle in Stakelums, Thurles and all I can say it looked like a brand new rifle. The dealer Sean told me it was in a poor condition before it was done up.

Top class job.

He does lovely work alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnreck

looking to get the old Riffle dipped.
    anyone know where i might get this done??
    any help information greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

clivej wrote: »

I was looking at one of Dom's cerakoted rifle in Stakelums, Thurles and all I can say it looked like a brand new rilfle. The daeler Sean told me it was in a poor condition before it was done up.

Top class job.

I have not seen his cerakote work but I can vouch for Doms excellent work in general and professionalism. Did a great job on a riflel for me, super quick, and sound as a pound! Any future work I need done goes straight to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

I bought a kit of mydipkit.co.uk and its pretty good quality and has good instructions with it.
    I dipped my semi-auto shotgun last year and it was a pain in the ass, 1 mistake and you have to start again!!
    I spray paint kitchens so i know how to get the right finishes but
    the hard part is dipping if you let the water get in front of the floating ink your fecked!!

1st = sand and prepare stock, barrel etc
    2nd = primer
    3rd = base coat
    4th = dip
    5th = clear coat
    be prepared to put alot of hours in!!

going doing my ruger 10/22 and silencer in the next week or 2 and ill post pics!!

• Advertisement

just finished the rugger.

picture taken in a dark room,
    looks 10 times better in daylight!!

SKULLS!!!

That looks great duckman, was it much more difficult to do the long stock rather than the smaller parts that were involved with the semi auto?

cushcam wrote: »
    That looks great duckman, was it much more difficult to do the long stock rather than the smaller parts that were involved with the semi auto?

if anything its easier to do the rifle stock,
    only trouble is finding a big tank to dip it in.

here's a better picture!

top job. looks great.

Advertisement