Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with ipad repair

• 19-03-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

Over two weeks ago my ipad 2 slipped from my hand and the screen was badly cracked.

For a few days after the crack I continued to use the ipad and it worked perfect despite its severely cracked screen.

Then contacted a few repair shops and I decided to drop it into my local branch of "click" as their price seemed best at €109 for a new screen replacement.

After dropping the ipad into the store I was told it would cost an additional €20 as there was a tiny dent on the soft outer metal that would need a fix by just manipulating the metal back to look non jagged and smoother.

After a few days I collected the ipad, took it home and noticed the power button was now not working. I arranged with the store to drop it back and they fixed the button after they got a new replacement power chord from a courier, this took a week of waiting.

Now n the past few days I noticed the wifi is not performing well and it cuts off is certain rooms of the house. This never happened before and I also tested MIT against my iPod touch and its definitely not performing properly. The Bluetooth seems to be broken too.

I called the local store and the chap who actually repaired it spoke to me. He sounded all defensive and he was implying that the break n the wifi instal antenna is. Caused by my original screen break. I didn't point out to him that this cant be the case as the ipad functioned 100% after the screen crack and only gave problems since his repair.

So he offered to take it and run some tests on it this afternoon but I get the impression he is not going to accept any responsibility for the problem.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated and just felt like sharing this story.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Seems a common problem; http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/83707193
    Would definately not pay for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gabor78

Had an issue with my 2nd hand ipad 2 as from time to time parts of the touchscreen just froze and while I was typing something keys got suddenly stuck, decided to bring it to GSM Solutions in Dublin 1 as they had previously fixed my iphone and had been happy with the service. Left my ipad with the repair men and was contacted a few days afterward to be told that the touchscreen had to be replaced and that the ipad had been previously fixed by someone else, who had broken the wifi antenna, was asked if I still wanted to have it fixed and agreed on that. A couple of weeks afterward I was contacted again by GSM Solutions to be told that the ipad could not be fixed and that I could collect it anytime, went to pick it up today, was explained that the previous reparation had not been done properly - i.e. incorrect screen model had been placed on the item and sellotaped back - so GSM Solutions could not help any further. Tried to switch on the device while still in the shop and found out that what I am left with is a device, which can no longer be used as it has been damaged to such an extent that I am unable to type in the password to unlock it: the touchscreen is not responding to any entry, whereas before the only issue was that from time to time some keys would become irresponsive and then unfreeze. After complaining for over 10 minutes with GSM Solutions I was told that it was not their fault and that they had worked on an already faulty item, basically I brought in a device, which was working 75% and I am given back a totally useless item, which can now be thrown out any time. I am now investigating if any further action can be taken against GSM Solutions for having permanently damaged my ipad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Do a search on boards for them and you'll find loads of unhappy customers. You can't even post links to their website on here as they will be blocked by boards.ie says enough doesn't it?
    As for your iPad, has it been previously repaired (maybe by a previous owner)?
    If so can the previous repair not be undone, ie replace the incorrect parts with the proper ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What exactly is wrong with the precious repair? Is the socket for the digitiser damaged?

Advertisement