Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Process for appealing driving ban.

• 19-03-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! I got a 2 year and a day driving ban which is up in October this year. I want to appeal for an early reinstatement. I will not be using a solicitor. Could anyone advise me on the steps I need to take to do this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

The first thing is it is not an appeal. It is an application for early restoration. Your solicitor can advice on what required. That answer is not being smart, as the answer depends on a number of facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John 87

Thanks for the reply I won`t be using a solicitor. I`m just wondering do I contact the court clerk for the appropriate forms to fill in and to get a court date or is there an online form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

It's a notice of motion, for the court that banned you. If you want to do it yourself the court office may be able to help. I would advise a solicitor as each district / circuit is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭jd80

Be careful

I remember being in Court where a solicitor was making an application to have a licence reinstated

The judge refused citing that since such and such a date (Mar 2009 I think) he could not renew bans over/under/equal to (not sure) two years - someone else here will know it

Maybe that is why you received the two years and one day ...

Check it out first before going to court or get a GOOD solicitor (not like the one above who stood there dumbfounded with is client on the stand who then had to stand down without saying a word ...)

Advertisement