Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Targets

Options
  • 19-03-2013 3:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So has anyone had a chance to look at where they will target in the draft?

For the first time in a while i have all my picks (i think)

I am targeting

WR After giving away Britt and Washington i'm looking for a good solid WR

O line (probably C+G) (following the real Titans :D)

OLB Witherspoon aint getting any younger but the new OLB will get some snaps

DE
    I have 2 good DE, 1 Ok one, so will look to draft a situational DE that i can swop in.

K The leg of Bironas is now what is was... needs more powaaaah

The above if completely dependent on what happens in FA, i'll probably have about $27 million to spend

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So has anyone had a chance to look at where they will target in the draft?

For the first time in a while i have all my picks (i think)

I think you do not, What was the deal for Suh and Leshore a first (2014) and a third and fourth(2013) or something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think you do not, What was the deal for Suh and Leshore a first (2014) and a third and fourth(2013) or something?

Yep you are correct, my first to you adrian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Think I have a third round pick from the Stafford trade too, as long as Romo doesn't retire I should be looking good heading into Free agency with cap space and the draft with plenty of picks.

The Lions will probably continue to struggle though, their main problem being the one with the controller .

I'd like a quality running back though who doesn't get injured every second play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I haven't done any scouting yet, an probably won't until after the superbowl. Off the top of my head, I'll probably have to pick up a replacement for Ed Reed. I'll probably draft some receivers, I have loads on my roster but they are always getting injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Don't really have any glaring needs. Not losing anyone important to FA, and have just used XP give 5 of my starting defenders the "big hitter" trait, so will probably just draft the best players I believe to be available to come in and compete. Always room for a WR or TE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Don't really have any glaring needs. Not losing anyone important to FA, and have just used XP give 5 of my starting defenders the "big hitter" trait, so will probably just draft the best players I believe to be available to come in and compete. Always room for a WR or TE.

Yeah, I can't see myself having too many specific targets for the draft. I will do the same as I have done before. Go through my team, see where I need the biggest improvement and try and fill that spot.

Let me know how that big hitter trait goes.

Yep you are correct, my first to you adrian

Don't go making the playoffs either.

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't see myself having too many specific targets for the draft. I will do the same as I have done before. Go through my team, see where I need the biggest improvement and try and fill that spot.

Let me know how that big hitter trait goes.

I'm hoping to see a lot more fumbles. I was looking at the stats and think I have one of the lowest fumble recovery rates in the league. And always hate when I'm playing the likes of Ravens/49ers/Steelers in Madden and you know half the ****ers have big hitter and you have to brace for impact every carry. It's time to shake some mother****ers up in Jacksonville.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah im the same Mikey, the Titans do not force a whole lot of fumbles or recover sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Should we really be sharing targets? I've two that I've done full scouting on and want but wouldn't even like to share the positions right now as I got lucky on scouting a particular rating I was after in each position and these were the best of the mid rounders.... Raji would go for a mid 1st round pick if someone wants him. His fat a$$ is giving my bench a workout at the moment.

• Advertisement

Nelbert... you need to have a lot of targets.. there are 31 players that may also be looking at the guy you are looking at..

I'd completely ignore the projected round thing. Scout the attributes that you rate most for that position and identify targets from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Nelbert wrote: »
    Raji would go for a mid 1st round pick if someone wants him. His fat a$$ is giving my bench a workout at the moment.

If he isnt good enough to make your team, why would someone give up a first round pick for him? ;-)

Give you a second for Raji!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd possibly part with a first....

Does the game let you line him up as a back like the Packers sometimes do?

Not unless it's one of the formations in the play book. The 49ers have a formation called niners heavy that uses D line men as FB. Crazy run heavy formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not unless it's one of the formations in the play book. The 49ers have a formation called niners heavy that uses D line men as FB. Crazy run heavy formation.
    Yep tis true, big soppy swaggers into the offence on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

etloveslsd wrote: »
    If he isnt good enough to make your team, why would someone give up a first round pick for him? ;-)

Overall 87 and quality player. I just went with youth.

Nelbert wrote: »
    Overall 87 and quality player. I just went with youth.

A second.... its all your getting for him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Im saving all my scout points till after FA and keeping an eye out on bertys comments in the hope he drops some hints as to who is brilliant.

• Advertisement

The first part of your plan is brilliant, not sure about waiting for advice from Berty, I've been in drafts with him before, not sure there is method, but there is certainly madness!!

The first part of your plan is brilliant, not sure about waiting for advice from Berty, I've been in drafts with him before, not sure there is method, but there is certainly madness!!

One word.. SPREADSHEETS!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have a list of about 6 players picked out but I imagine the cpu will draft all my targets again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I have a target as well but if I make the playoffs, odds of me getting him r SLIM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

etloveslsd wrote: »

Looks like I will have a very early first.... Its yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looking like the Browns will be top 5 pick and we're desperate for a top WR

Could do with a RG and a TE too. My 2nd string TE sees a lot of snaps and he's shocking for the drops!
    The Jags have Todd Heap as 2nd string, I'd love a pickup like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yeah im the same Mikey, the Titans do not force a whole lot of fumbles or recover sadly!

Last season 4 out of the the top 5 teams for forced fumbles were in the AFC North.

AFC South wouldn't know much about hard hitting football!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Last season 4 out of the the top 5 teams for forced fumbles were in the AFC North.

AFC South wouldn't know much about hard hitting football!

No we use skill to win :pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Looking like the Browns will be top 5 pick and we're desperate for a top WR

Could do with a RG and a TE too. My 2nd string TE sees a lot of snaps and he's shocking for the drops!
    The Jags have Todd Heap as 2nd string, I'd love a pickup like that

Nobody wanted Todd Heap in Free Agency, I bid on him straight away and got him on the cheap, I think it was probably because of his underwhelming 78 OVR but his catching stats are fantastic. He's one of my favourite players on offence.

There are a number of very good receiving TE's that can play that backup slot very well and fly under the radar due to low-ish OVRs, I've got Joel Dreesen and Bo Scaife in my 2 other franchises as well and paid pittance for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm going to have to wait and see who else rejects their contract offers before looking at my needs :o

Advertisement