Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rambling and climbing roses

• 19-03-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've been making the most of the sunshine and I've started pruning my overgrown roses. One is a rambler that I trained along a garden wall. It detached itself from the wall and due to the bad weather and illness it got a bit neglected last year. There's a lot of dead wood and there's also blackspot. How thorough can I be? I'd like to go back to about a foot high and retrain it. Would this be worth it? Or am I best replacing it. I also want to KILL a climber that looks pathetic, again with blackspot. Is there any organic way? I have so much wild life in my garden, I don't want to harm anything. Also are there any climbers resistant to blackspot, again I don't like spraying and I also don't kill greenfly, which is most probably the cause of the blackspot. :o

Here's my garden...

Advertisement