Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beware instagamepoints.com

Options
  • 19-03-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

was buying 12 months live last night with birthday money, these guys are one of the top searches in google and advertise everywhere, say they send within 30 seconds
    any registered, ordered, paid, still not received a code
    a quick google of the website name shows how much they have ripped people off
    its too late for me but hopefully i can prevent someone else from being ripped off

only thing now though is i have no xbox live membership and wont have enough money until next month if i save enough pocket money :mad:
    anyone kind enough to pm me a trial code if they have one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Did you pay by PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FickMoley

no, my parents debit card, i was reading a thread about them and paypal cut all ties with them after they were exposed, mother had to cancel her card this morning

Contact the bank, they should be able to help you out.

i did,they just cancelled her card and not much else

They should be able to reverse the charge, because of fraud.

• Advertisement

thats what i thought but bank just gave the web address of a consumer watchdog group

Get at them again, they definitely can do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Meesared wrote: »
    They should be able to reverse the charge, because of fraud.

This. Request a chargeback, you've been ripped off & there is some protection from the Bank in this case I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dylanoconnor6

FickMoley wrote: »
    was buying 12 months live last night with birthday money, these guys are one of the top searches in google and advertise everywhere, say they send within 30 seconds
    any registered, ordered, paid, still not received a code
    a quick google of the website name shows how much they have ripped people off
    its too late for me but hopefully i can prevent someone else from being ripped off

only thing now though is i have no xbox live membership and wont have enough money until next month if i save enough pocket money :mad:
    anyone kind enough to pm me a trial code if they have one
    2 day gold pass code is XTQXG-R2DPC-BXK4K-HX9RK-74CMB

cheers for the effort mate but putting a code on a public thread, there will only be one outcome and despite your good intentions ,some prick has already used it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

FickMoley wrote: »
    cheers for the effort mate but putting a code on a public thread, there will only be one outcome and despite your good intentions ,some prick has already used it

Thats pi$$ poor form :mad:. Check your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

EnterNow wrote: »
    This. Request a chargeback, you've been ripped off & there is some protection from the Bank in this case I think

With a credit card yes, with a debit card no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Makaveli wrote: »

With a visa debit card, yes.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Ive had a chargeback done on a Visa Debit, so yes it is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah forgot Laser is pretty much gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

EnterNow wrote: »

This.

Banks have the power to reverse transactions go to your bank and explain your situation, a charge back is a last resort if all communication with the retailer fails.

You will have to fill out some forms and supply some documentation to support your claim but if it means getting money back in your pocket it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Banmks are piss poor at enforcing your rights and protections. Keep at them. THEN make a formal complaint.

Advertisement