Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing name from birth certificate

Options
  • 19-03-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi, just wondering(and hoping) that someone might be able to help me, i have just discovered that the 4 month old baby boy that i was led to believe was mine,...isn't. i was lied to so that i would take responsibility for the child and so that his biological father would not have any intereaction with him, it turns out that now she has been talking to him and admitted to a mutual friend that he is not mine, is there anyway for me to have my name removed completely from the boys birth certficate, as i will not continue with the lie any longer,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

More appropriate here.
    Moved from Separation & Divorce.

Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You would have to apply to the district court to have the birth certificate amended. Once it's registered only a court order can vary it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Request paternity test first to be 100% the child isn't yours

Advertisement