Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought an iPhone -help!

• 19-03-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Bought an iPhone from donedeal, but its locked - I can't get into it.

What can I do? Will anywhere fix it? What is wrong with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Bought an iPhone from donedeal, but its locked - I can't get into it.

What can I do? Will anywhere fix it? What is wrong with it?

Is it asking for a code? If so ask the seller to pass it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

naasrd wrote: »
    Is it asking for a code? If so ask the seller to pass it on.

Yea it is, but the seller isn't answering their phone! I've been trying since I got it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

You can do a force reformat, it will put the phone back to factory settings, which is probably what needs to be done anyway if the seller still has the pass code on it (sounds dodgy though...it could be stolen??)

Anyway, you can reformat it using the instructions here
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808?viewlocale=en_US

Discostuy wrote: »
    You can do a force reformat, it will put the phone back to factory settings, which is probably what needs to be done anyway if the seller still has the pass code on it (sounds dodgy though...it could be stolen??)

Anyway, you can reformat it using the instructions here
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808?viewlocale=en_US

Never thought it could be stolen! Would the force reformat work if it is a stolen phone?
    What can I do if it is indeed stolen! Paid enough for it .... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

If you have a current provider - vodafone or someone else it might be worth contacting them with the iphone IMEI (thats the equipment number on the iphone).
    You can get it from the little tray on the phone you pull out to put your sim into.

There's a central CEIR in Ireland - btw - if a phone is lost/stolen usually the provider can register the iphone as lost/stolen on there - so it can't be used in Ireland (on any network here).

I really hope that it turns out that all you need is the pin and everything is above board - and if that's the case you have been really lucky
    However personally I would be very wary of buying something like an iphone somewhere like donedeal. Best case you end up with a useless brick - worst case with geolocation etc. you could end up with the Guards at your door (if its stolen.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Never thought it could be stolen! Would the force reformat work if it is a stolen phone?
    What can I do if it is indeed stolen! Paid enough for it .... :(

Very unlikely its not stolen. The decent thing to do would be to ring the cops and get it back to the rightful owner if it is stolen.

Just so you know, Iphones have a tracker on them, so the minute you switch it on the original owner can see online exactly where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

what model iphone is it

massy086 wrote: »
    what model iphone is it

4s

Advertisement