Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN on UPC

• 19-03-2013 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

I have searched but I cannot find out how to do it?

Is there any guide for doing it ? The router I am using is the EPC3925.

Been messing around for ages but it won't let me onto the network ? Any ideas or help ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think their T&Cs ban VPNs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I think their T&Cs ban VPNs.

Ah that's pretty crappy . Was wondering I seemed to have everything done correctly :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I think you've done something wrong, I've used VPNs successfully before. Not at router level mind, but at computer level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

msg11 wrote: »
    I have searched but I cannot find out how to do it?

Is there any guide for doing it ? The router I am using is the EPC3925.

Been messing around for ages but it won't let me onto the network ? Any ideas or help ?

Not enough info there to even make a guess...

I have both outgoing and incoming vpns working fine here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I have also used VPNs in the past without difficulty. I think that the clause is more geared towards the heavy, nasty users. Eg. If you're being bold with a VPN, we warned you.

I've used more than one VPN provider and shifted a lot of traffic over it. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

As for the modem, there is a setting in there on the 3925. I'll take a look for you in the morning. I'll also post information about the login to get to the UPC remote access page, which shows comprehensive data information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Hey guys. I just tried to log into a vpn there and my Internet is gone since.

Genuinely thought it was harmless, and Google it to find all this ban talk?

Is there a known action by upc to cut off service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

El Inho wrote: »
    Hey guys. I just tried to log into a vpn there and my Internet is gone since.

Genuinely thought it was harmless, and Google it to find all this ban talk?

Is there a known action by upc to cut off service?
    Nope they work fine, done it myself, you have set up something wrong somewhere along the line

But it's not a small error. It's as if I've been cut off. The modem can't connect to the Internet at all. Just have an online light constantly flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sphinx's

You in Dublin area? D20, D8? BB seems to be down since 10 in some areas my is just gone 30 minutes... Search UPC here and you'll see the talk
    El Inho wrote: »
    But it's not a small error. It's as if I've been cut off. The modem can't connect to the Internet at all. Just have an online light constantly flashing

Sphinx's wrote: »
    You in Dublin area? D20, D8? BB seems to be down since 10 in some areas my is just gone 30 minutes... Search UPC here and you'll see the talk

D8...Have I seriously being trying to fix a network wide outage haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement