Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is best network?

Options
  • 19-03-2013 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey i am with o2 for few months now but ever since moving i been having trouble with sending messages and its happened 5 times since got phone very annoying . i went with three but messed up phone so dont want go back them . was with meteor for while but got sick that

what would be a good network and why ? i am paying 20 euro a month for free texts every network :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Can you explain how they could have messed up your phone? I am not sure how that could have happened.

Well, if O2 are causing problems, rule out 48, as they are the same folks. You're then down to Vodafone or Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Florintina wrote: »
    Hey i am with o2 for few months now but ever since moving i been having trouble with sending messages and its happened 5 times since got phone very annoying . i went with three but messed up phone so dont want go back them . was with meteor for while but got sick that

what would be a good network and why ? i am paying 20 euro a month for free texts every network :D

Are you using that Samsung S 3 your Dad gave you? Have you the correct settings entered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Florintina

Can you explain how they could have messed up your phone? I am not sure how that could have happened.

Well, if O2 are causing problems, rule out 48, as they are the same folks. You're then down to Vodafone or Meteor.

I have no idea when i asked them kept saying that there something wrong technical problem and they are working on it but kept staying it was fixed now and a another month it happens again very annoying . people could send me messages and i cud make calls but i could not send any texts drove me mental. i was not only one this problem alot other o2 customers same that why thinking is o2 worth staying with . ye heard of 48 dont like sound it cause u have be certain age. mmm i might consider going back meteor sometime never had problem with them

Are you using that Samsung S 3 your Dad gave you? Have you the correct settings entered?

ye i using that phone its mine for keeps love it :) well i ordeded meteor sim and going try it when comes in post , i sent away form unlocking code nd i got message other day saying need topped up by 150 since got phone but i only 60 so far as got it in christmas so hopefully the sim ordered will work i know for sure then . either way i will get phone unlocked ha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Whichever is cheapest. 20e for free net, calls and texts at the least.

• Advertisement

Whichever is cheapest. 20e for free net, calls and texts at the least.

that be a pretty good price for all that do u know what good networks do that? i paying 20 euro just free text every network but i dont like talking on phone much but at same time be handy to have them nd net for same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

I first got a mobile in 1999 with Eircell (later became Vodafone), left for Meteor about 3 years later for cost reasons. Left Meteor after 2 yrs and went back to Vodafone because of service issues. Left again about 2 yrs later for Three. Left Three after a yr for service reasons and went back .... ya to Vodafone.

Still with Vodafone and won't be leaving. Have free V to V calls and texts plus 150Mb Internet for €20. Having been around most of the networks have to say I find Vodafone setup most professional and reliable. Also best for roaming. When I was with Three and visiting New York couldn't get a signal on their roaming partner anywhere in Manhattan also I couldn't receive texts from some Australian networks as they didn't have a carrier agreement with them.

Having said that I have heard that Three have improved since I was with them but for me Vodafone is the best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that be a pretty good price for all that do u know what good networks do that? i paying 20 euro just free text every network but i dont like talking on phone much but at same time be handy to have them nd net for same price

I haven't paid for my phone ina while, but about 6 months ago my deal on three was 20e top up gave unlimited net fora month, free texts for a month, free three calls during weekdays and free calls to any network at the weekend. They also gave me 10e free credit every time I topped up by 20. I could spent 5e of that to buy free net for another month. I don;t know what the deals are now but I think 48 have something similar but you may get free calls to all networks ata ll times, but less free net and so on.

I haven't paid for my phone ina while, but about 6 months ago my deal on three was 20e top up gave unlimited net fora month, free texts for a month, free three calls during weekdays and free calls to any network at the weekend. They also gave me 10e free credit every time I topped up by 20. I could spent 5e of that to buy free net for another month. I don;t know what the deals are now but I think 48 have something similar but you may get free calls to all networks ata ll times, but less free net and so on.

that seems a really good offer alright, lol i thinking changing something now hearing all these better stories. but there was something about three that i hated reason why changed back . i think was i wanted keep meteor number but change 3 and i told man in shop he messed up nd my number was never changed over i had a new 3 number i was so pissed off nd put off it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

This is you written all over.

100 minutes,
    5000 text messages,
    20 minutes on the landline,
    1GB of internet.

€10 per month.

http://48months.ie/membership/the-guido

Trust me when I say that the age restriction is not an issue. Here's why:

1. They actually never know.

2. All customer care is done via an online forum. You'll never talk to anyone on the phone. Ever. So, they can never actually figure out that it is you. You could be a 55+ year old man, and they can never tell.

3. At no point will you ever need to supply photographic ID or information.

4. They know damn-well that the majority of the users are from outside of this demographic, but business is business and they don't care.

Just go for it.

• Advertisement

This is you written all over.

100 minutes,
    5000 text messages,
    20 minutes on the landline,
    1GB of internet.

€10 per month.

http://48months.ie/membership/the-guido

Trust me when I say that the age restriction is not an issue. Here's why:

1. They actually never know.

2. All customer care is done via an online forum. You'll never talk to anyone on the phone. Ever. So, they can never actually figure out that it is you. You could be a 55+ year old man, and they can never tell.

3. At no point will you ever need to supply photographic ID or information.

4. They know damn-well that the majority of the users are from outside of this demographic, but business is business and they don't care.

Just go for it.

haha ur so funny but very true when think about it that way :) dont know why say it in first place if not going to care u know bit stupid , i defo thinking of this as long i know its not going feck up nd messages wont send or something but heard good things about it so shud be alright. 5 thousand texts shud be plenty for big texter to i hopes

Advertisement