Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students' Union UGM March 20th 2pm

Options
  • 19-03-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

The UGM for the Students' Union takes place in the University Concert Hall.

There is a Q&A session with Don Barry during the meeting.

Quorum is set at 200.
    1. Apologies

1.1 Don Barry Q&A Session

2. Minutes of Previous Meetings
    All from AY 2011/2012
    • AGM 2011-09-19th
    • EGM 2012-02-1ST
    • UGM 2012-03-12th & 2012-03-27th
    • AGM 3012-10-11TH

3. Matters Arising

4. Officers Reports

4.1 Questions for Officers

5. Review of Sabbatical Officer’s Wages

6. Motions & Resolutions

6.1 Motion to establish a new company

6.2 Motion to ratify the new constitution

6.3 Motion to stop printing ULSU Publications (An Focal)

7. Ratify the Audited Accounts for the year ended 30th September 2012

8. Ratify the Union Auditor for AY 2012/2013

9. Items for Discussion

9.1 None

10. AOB

Please Note: the Annual General Meeting of the ULSU Services Ltd takes place directly after this meeting
    Note: motions have been carried over from the AGM in semester 1 - boards discussion about AGM

Any good questions for Don Barry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Another meeting, another lack of publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

SU UGM on, give notice the day before

Gardening seminar, spam us with messages every day for 4 weeks

UL, gotta love it

freyners wrote: »
    SU UGM on, give notice the day before

Gardening seminar, spam us with messages every day for 4 weeks

UL, gotta love it

In fairness they what people at the gardening seminar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

To be fair, my involvement is negligible these days and I saw it publicised on Facebook over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Why did we not get an email from the SU about this on Friday morning and then the other today? 1 days notice isn't great...

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    To be fair, my involvement is negligible these days and I saw it publicised on Facebook over the weekend.

To be fair not all students are on Facebook, let alone like the ULSU page. But they all have accesses to the student email.

Chavways its under a days notice TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Jester252 wrote: »
    To be fair not all students are on Facebook, let alone like the ULSU page. But they all have accesses to the student email.

Chavways its under a days notice TBH.

They'll be lucky to get 75 people attending I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't recall there being any call for submission of motions... nor do I remember them circulating the Agenda a week in advance (something which was raised last year IIRC and was supposed to be done).

But meh, midterm on at the same time so best of luck to them. Be interesting so see, if it does make quorum, whether An Focal will be axed or not.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I don't recall there being any call for submission of motions... nor do I remember them circulating the Agenda a week in advance (something which was raised last year IIRC and was supposed to be done).

But meh, midterm on at the same time so best of luck to them. Be interesting so see, if it does make quorum, whether An Focal will be axed or not.

It won't make quorum. Also An Focal will still exist in all it unedited glory. The motion is to stop printing it.

Called it. What an good excuss regarding the lack of infomation but it won't happen again...... again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Let me guess. It didn't make quorum, and excuse given was that all the sabbats were out campaigning last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Let me guess. It didn't make quorum, and excuse given was that all the sabbats were out campaigning last week?

someone from the crowd also raised the point that not telling students about the UGM was a problem last year too.

An EGM has been called, agenda is the current agenda (as far as I'm aware an EGM can only be called about a certain topic and not about anything general). Also it should give 2 weeks notice and must take place within the next 4 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

How many were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cydoniac wrote: »
    How many were there?

About 120 I heard

About 120 I heard
    That's more than I thought there would be...reckon it was more than last year anyway.

About 120 I heard

It didn't seem that big of a crowd to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 The_Protector

you'd think someone like the new president or welfare officer could convince some of their support to attend these kinda things

you'd think someone like the new president or welfare officer could convince some of their support to attend these kinda things
    At least, give more than 24 hours notice. There used to be rumours that they would purposely undersell it at times so certain motions would never pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 The_Protector

sly!

Obe of the motions was about pay I think. Another was the new Su consitution and I can see why some wouldn't what that to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Absolute disgrace, have the SU made a public statement on it?

Advertisement