Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlocking an i-phone 4s

• 19-03-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I am buying an iphone 4s off a friend. the phone is on the meteor network. i am currently a pay as you go customer with meteor and have a basic phone (a samsung builders phone). will my sim card work in this iphone and allow me to continue just topping up every month or so? Also how do i go about unlocking the phone to all networks? I asked a fella who unlocks them and he said he couldnt do meteor or 3 networks.. do i just have to spend 130euro in credit? I am moving to Canada in a month and will need the phone unlocked so I can move network over there. Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Get ur friend to ask meteor to unlock it. You will need a micro sim as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi, I am buying an iphone 4s off a friend. the phone is on the meteor network. i am currently a pay as you go customer with meteor and have a basic phone (a samsung builders phone). will my sim card work in this iphone and allow me to continue just topping up every month or so? Also how do i go about unlocking the phone to all networks? I asked a fella who unlocks them and he said he couldnt do meteor or 3 networks.. do i just have to spend 130euro in credit? I am moving to Canada in a month and will need the phone unlocked so I can move network over there. Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

As guil said get your friend to request the unlock to Meteor, even if you spend the €130 on credit they will not unlock it as you are not the register owner of the iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meteor are arsey about unlocking iPhones. They won't even entertain you on billpay if you're in contract and if you're out of contract, they still drag their feet and can take forever.

Advertisement