Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC increasing speeds again?

• 19-03-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Got an SMS this morning telling me that I've been bumped from 50 to 60 Mbps.

Here's the result from my laptop upstairs on Wi-Fi, the router is downstairs.....

2585011335.png

Also spotted that. My boss got bumped from 100->120. No reports of any increases on the 150mb package as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

32 and still on 32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

got bumped from 100 to 120
    Which because of network card I can't benefit from

If they bumped the anywhere minutes now I'd be a happy man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,575 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hate ye all

"curls up in the fetal position because of only 3mb broadband"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

ED E wrote: »
    32 and still on 32.

That may be due to the upc modem, the original 30 meg ones can only do 30 meg, even if you have a 150 meg line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Skatedude wrote: »
    That may be due to the upc modem, the original 30 meg ones can only do 30 meg, even if you have a 150 meg line.

You're correct, but we're on a 3925 which is rated for 150+. Its just a legacy package I think as most of the 32's chose to move to 50.

Once we get the stability sorted out with them I'll sort out moving up and getting the new FUP at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I was wondering, I got over 60Mbps the other day, I thought it was something to do with my new pc but this explains it! lol.

Ethernet via powerline adaptor:

580985_10151565869441095_696971346_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

i upgraded today to the 100Mph worked great for a few hours now
    2585707132.png

BrendanD wrote: »
    i upgraded today to the 100Mph worked great for a few hours now

Lol why are you testing to a server over 350 miles away?

• Advertisement

good question

2585823740.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

2585846788.png

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

BrendanD wrote: »
    good question

2585823740.png

it says your speeds are better than 93% of ireland yet mine only says 90% and my speeds are a little quicker :confused:

Are you on on 100 Mph package as well ?

it says your speeds are better than 93% of ireland yet mine only says 90% and my speeds are a little quicker :confused:

It's referring to the Upload speed too, not just the download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

On 100mb package and got bumped to 120mb earlier today. Didn't appreciate the wake up text though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

is there anyone who was previously on the 120mb connection bumped to 150mb ? I've been asking UPC for a free upgrade to it, but they want me to pay more than what is actually offered on their site, because I'm not a "new customer" - I know its only an extra 5euro or so, but thats not the point really :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sickening stuff reading this for us poor joes on crappy Eircom ADSL, but it's ok we get the continued privilege of the Study Hub, that should keep us all happy forever and ever!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Phoenix wrote: »
    So far people on these packages
    50 mb>60 mb
    100 mb>120 mb
    150 mb>?

Have been upgraded,has anyone on the 150 mb product seen a speed increase?
    What size of a price increase can we expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

No such luck, on '30mb' but currently hitting 12.35mb, last night managed a whopping 15mb, if UPC valued their customers they would upgrade everyone on 30mb to 50mb, being penalised for already having an account is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Yeah i got the increase there last week, 100 to 120. I wonder how long it will be before we start to see 200mb.

2577633885.png
    2583077821.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

allen175 wrote: »
    Yeah i got the increase there last week, 100 to 120. I wonder how long it will be before we start to see 200mb.

For existing 150mbits I'd say July or August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm currently on 30mb but I'm wary about going to 50(now 60) after the talk of the new modem being unreliable, dropping out and having poor wifi.

Is this still the case?

I'm hard-connected on this pc but I'll often browse a bit on the phone so a bit drop in wifi range/reliability would be a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    For existing 150mbits I'd say July or August.

Oh man... so while many of us are waiting until late 2013 and into 2014 for Eircom to install efibre and get us rocking at around 50 - 80mb, these UPC lads will be at 200mb by July 2013? I need to move house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

pm1977x wrote: »
    No such luck, on '30mb' but currently hitting 12.35mb, last night managed a whopping 15mb, if UPC valued their customers they would upgrade everyone on 30mb to 50mb, being penalised for already having an account is a joke

Not always possible as far as I know, as the BB may be supplied through MMDS. I have 30mb BB via this and didnt get a text about an upgrade but will cehck tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Morf wrote: »
    I'm currently on 30mb but I'm wary about going to 50(now 60) after the talk of the new modem being unreliable, dropping out and having poor wifi.

Is this still the case?

I'm hard-connected on this pc but I'll often browse a bit on the phone so a bit drop in wifi range/reliability would be a pain.
    Can easily be fixed by adding your own router for Wifi instead; I'd do it as a standard anyway to have better control over what's connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JockESpollix

I got the text saying I was upgraded to 120. Just restart the router.
    This is the result :mad:

Download Speed: 3835 kbps (479.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 6290 kbps (786.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

There's definitely issues with this bumb up in Lucan - my uncle who lives in Tallaght is getting dropouts big-style today & slow speeds.

Hope they sort it quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

sgarvan wrote: »
    Not always possible as far as I know, as the BB may be supplied through MMDS. I have 30mb BB via this and didnt get a text about an upgrade but will cehck tonight.

2590514065.png

Dont think mine has been bumped up. This is around what I was always getting

Advertisement